Kumukahi Ukulele and Hula festival is Las Vegas

rodog

Reaction score
Hi,
After having my breakfast (Loco Moco), I happened to see a flyer for this festival happening this weekend Aug 8-9, 2014 at Sam's Town in Las Vegas and wondered if this is something that UU members are going to? I just joined UU recently and tried to search the name and came up empty. I am not connected to them in any way, just trying to get some feedback. It is a bit of a drive for me, but I am smitten by everything Uke. Here is the website from the flyer http://kumukahi310.com/aloha/ Cheers.

I don't have direct experience with the festival but it looks like it's put on by "Uncle Lincoln" Kaio and his wife. I used to play in a uke group led by Uncle Lincoln several years ago - the music was nothing fancy, but I'd have to agree with every word written in the article I linked about his aloha spirit! And I love the Hawaiian songs - don't play much of them on my own but love to hear others do it.

Closer to home, it looks like you just missed a similar Hawaiian event here.

I don't have direct experience with the festival but it looks like it's put on by "Uncle Lincoln" Kaio and his wife. I used to play in a uke group led by Uncle Lincoln several years ago - the music was nothing fancy, but I'd have to agree with every word written in the article I linked about his aloha spirit! And I love the Hawaiian songs - don't play much of them on my own but love to hear others do it.

Closer to home, it looks like you just missed a similar Hawaiian event here.
I know folks that are involved with both of those events.
My wife's family has sold laulau and other Hawaiian food at the Alondra Park Ho`olaulea for many years.

Hey, thanks for the heads up on this. It's right in my home town. I'll try to get down there for some of the fun.

Thanks for the replies. With the iHeart music awards going on in LV, the hotel rates are up there. Janeray, that event looked fun but I was helping my parents move that weekend. Pueo, laulau sounds good right bout'now.

Top Bottom