UST, SBT or sound hole mic……...

M3Ukulele

Reaction score
I have a custom being built and considering a Bagg Five.0 in it. I'm not sure I will use it much but like the idea of getting a looper to play different parts. I also like the idea of easy recording.

I purchase a SBT from JJB - basically a K & K Twin Spot but have not installed it. I've read about sound noise but the price was right and I think it will go into my Fluke.

Wondering now about sound hole mics. How are they for sound. I won't be playing out much. I'd like to record. Perhaps loop at lower volumes. GHS make a fairly inexpensive unit. MiniFlex in CA make a very cool two mic unit for about what it will cost me to get a Five.0 into my custom. What are the pro's and con's of options.

Anybody have comments from using any or all of the above options?

I have a custom being built and considering a Bagg Five.0 in it.

You should really ask your builder.

Anybody have comments from using any or all of the above options?

My very biased comments - LRBaggs. But that's for me, and my instruments. Your builder may very well have a different opinion.

My builder hasn't done too many pickups but will put in whatever I want. Baggs Five.0 was my interest because I've heard the MiSi vrs Baggs comparison. Just curious about the sound hole mic and wonder what its like?

I like the baggs over an under soundboard pu. I've never used a sound hole mic. One thing to consider is a regular mic like a Shure 57. you can use it for any instrument and even vocal, which is a lot of fun with a looper as you can add percussion, harmonica , etc. but then you need a USB preamp if you want to use your computer to record.

Top Bottom