Kamaka HF-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Reaction score
This is a beautiful curly koa Kamaka Tenor. Bought it from a local music shop a couple of months ago and just can't keep it. It has only a few hours of play time since I have another Kamaka that has become my favorite.
Tone and intonation are spot on and there are no dings, scratches or use marks of any kind.
Comes with the factory hard case and humidifier. Shipping to the continental US is included.

Sold

3288351884_396b826fb1.jpg

3287533179_babbc5223a.jpg

3287533651_064ea70d03.jpg

3287532755_fc97f6d2e0.jpg

Last edited:
Thats is an awesome looking Tenor Uke. I hate to burst your bubble, but isn't that $20 dollars more then KAMAKA MSRP? Is there something costum about this HF-3?

Tiki....let me know when you can get one that looks like this one here or any other state other than Hawaii at the factory for under $1000. :shaka:

And yes this is a very special piece.

3292256002_bd21c6e6de.jpg

Last edited:
Tiki....let me know when you can get one here or any other state other than Hawaii at the factory for under $1000. :shaka:

And yes this is a very special piece.

Heck the factory gives 10% off MSRP if you order through them.

I see we have a couple of interested parties.....make me an offer gentleman. :biglaugh:

To be fair, the face does have curl, whereas the model marked at $980 MSRP tends to not have curl, or just have a curly headplate. Can't really tell from the pictures, but the fretboard looks like it may have been upgraded to Ebony.

Then again, to be fair, the factory discount is the neutralizer.

To be fair, the face does have curl, whereas the model marked at $980 MSRP tends to not have curl, or just have a curly headplate. Can't really tell from the pictures, but the fretboard looks like it may have been upgraded to Ebony.

Yeah that's a nice looking piece! I think it's luck of the draw whether or not you get wood with curl for the standard tenor. This one looks more like a lucky tenor than one with any special extras. I think $1000 is pretty steep especially given you can get one direct from the factory for $882!

Good luck with the sale man, it's a shame you have to sell that in the first place.

I don't buy the curl argument, Blue guitar has one right now same curl at the same price brand new with a hard case. (and they are not the cheapest place in town)

I don't buy the curl argument, Blue guitar has one right now same curl at the same price brand new with a hard case. (and they are not the cheapest place in town)

I guess curl is pretty popular, it's more soughtafter so people charge more for them and people buy them. I hear that Kamaka's are generally priced over the normal price in shops because of the name too. It's not too hard to get a bargain if you look hard enough.

Was the one at Blue Guitar priced at $1000? (it's sold now) If so that's a pretty good price considering the upgraded wood. I went through 10 Kamaka HF-3s at Maui a few weeks ago and none are close to being as curly as that one at The Blue Guitar.

The one for sale on this thread looks very good. Was it the one from Gryphon Strings last month? They did charge a premium for one that had curly koa body. I guess whether or not it's worth $1000 depends on if someone is willing to pay for it.

I payed $1200 for it at a local shop here....and was glad to pay it. It really is a beautiful instrument and more so since I was able to pick it up and play it before buying.

Somebody make me an offer...price is always negotiable with someone who is buying.

Was the one at Blue Guitar priced at $1000? (it's sold now) If so that's a pretty good price considering the upgraded wood. I went through 10 Kamaka HF-3s at Maui a few weeks ago and none are close to being as curly as that one at The Blue Guitar.

The one for sale on this thread looks very good. Was it the one from Gryphon Strings last month? They did charge a premium for one that had curly koa body. I guess whether or not it's worth $1000 depends on if someone is willing to pay for it.

The blue guiater one was from NAMM, I came about ~~~ close to buying it, it was the first kamaka that I actually liked both sonically and visually. I think it went for 1050$ or so.

The Kamaka has been sold...thanks Manual and to UU for making these forums available. Feel free to close this thread Kanaka.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom