Chicago Busking!

tburkhart

Reaction score
Has anyone ever done any busking in Chicago? I have a street performers license and have done it a couple times, but not much. I'm curious if anyone on the forums has in Chicago, and where. I decided to get back into it for the next week or 2 to make some extra cash because im going back to school and surprise surprise books are still way too expensive... (speaking of which, if anyone is a student or has a .edu email address and you havent signed up for your 6 months of free amazon prime shoot me a pm and let me refer you! i get $10 on amazon for every one and im ordering all my books from amazon)

Chicago based on my research is pretty brutal. $100 for the permit to cover two years, more than 2/3rds of the city's major hot spots where there are a bunch of tourists is a no-busking zone, and some people spend hours at the same spot rather than moving on after an hour or two of performing (seriously, how many hours can someone drum on a bucket with the same beat and not drive the rest of the place bonkers?)

That being said, I've heard that outside of the Field Museum is usually a decent place provided that you're amplified due to the street traffic being so loud. I'm planning on visiting Chicago and possibly getting a CTA permit to play in the subway portion during my visit. The permit is cheaper ($10 last I checked), but I heard that people hog the busking spots for hours there too.

Top Bottom