3 Mahogany Sopranos

d-mace

Reaction score
Liquidation time again. The collection is growing and I think I'm going to stick with my mellow koa soprano.

1. (SOLD) 1950's Martin Style 0: Fantastic condition. There's only 6 or 7 marks on it. Not even strum marks or fretboard wear. I wonder how much it's been played? No cracks. Low action, no buzzing, good intonation. Includes hard case. $549.

2. David Newton: Soprano Diaz model. Mahogany body, ebony nut and saddle. This uke is rock and roll. Tons of bark, loud and as light as the Martin. Great fit and finish and setup. 2014 model. No dings or scratches except for marks behind the bridge from swapping out strings. Waverly tuners. Nice Kala thick gig bag. $439.

3. Kamaka Keiki: Made in Japan - I think from the 1960's. Has a small repaired 2" crack on top. The seam between the book matched back has separated and has been glued. Plays loud and sweet. Some strum marks and other dings but a solid player. Includes Rock Case gig bag. $199.

This is just a quick post and I'll add more pics and sound sample later. Free shipping in continental US. Paypal preferred. I'm also open for trades for any made in USA ukes….

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Last edited:
Your sound samples are always terrific...is that just recorded from iPhone mic? The li'l K sounds great. How old is it?

Got a David Newton sound sample? Tempted to get one or the other...on a soprano kick here...!

Your sound samples are always terrific...is that just recorded from iPhone mic? The li'l K sounds great. How old is it?

Got a David Newton sound sample? Tempted to get one or the other...on a soprano kick here...!

Yep...usually just a one taker on the iPhone.
Here's a quick clip of the Newton tuned to B. It reminds me a bit like a mahogany version of a Koaloha soprano. Bright, punchy and great note separation as I tried to play in the sample.
http://soundcloud.com/d-mace/newton-piazza/s-zg9Nk

Kamaka would likely sell if more pics, d-mace, to see the crack and seam. Good price, esp. with gig bag and shipping. :)

Top Bottom