Anyone own a Kala KA-ATP-CTG Tenor Ukulele?

Yes. it really has a solid cedar top, and all the plies of the sides and back are acacia, not just the outer ones.

Take a gander at this thread: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?99338-NUD!-Kala-KA-ATP-CTG-Cedar-Acacia . I posted some impressions there. Long story short, I'm delighted with mine.

If you browse the Ukulele Reviews section, you should find some other threads on this uke as well. A quick way to find them is to bypass UU's search engine and instead do a Google search with this string, including the quotes:
"KA-ATP-CTG" site:forum.ukuleleunderground.com

Last edited:
Before this site was sent backwards in time, I posted to this thread that I have one and love it! I went through two other ukuleles in quick succession when I first started playing this year and am really, really happy with the Kala. I also posted that I found I prefer Fremont Blacklines on this one.

I own one and it is indeed a solid cedar top. The padauk binding and the acacia back and sides are beautiful. It is the best sounding uke I've ever owned. It cooled my uas for a Kamaka, at least for now.

I have the preamp version, traded in three lesser ukes for it and I have to say, it's the best sounding uke I have, even the custom I got a few weeks ago (which I'm hoping will open up to at least match the Kala sound).

I'm still waiting for my monkeypod tenor to open up more; my Kala cedar-top sounded great from the first day. Granted, since I got the cedar-top, the monkeypod doesn't get a lot of play; I'm making an effort to be more equitable, knowing that monkeypod is a slow wood to open. Maybe I should do what some violinist and instrument builders do: rest my uke on top of a stereo speaker, tuning the receiver to a classical station.

Top Bottom