Apologies for the recent downtime

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Very sorry for the recent downtime. I'm still walking on tip toes but I think *knock on wood* we have tackled the majority of the issues causing the server issues.

The most recent one with the time machine back to 2013 was actually my fault, in my frantic attempt to fix the errors quickly I accidentally teleported the forum back a year and pointed it to an old version of the database on our old server.

Sorry for the confusion (I confused myself).

Yes, thank you. I wonder if we get these things when someone clicks on a suspicious link in the New Member Intros, or shares an infected link with other UU members.

Thank you for all the hard work!

I've enjoyed the trip in the time machine, actually; apparently the forum went back to a period when I wasn't on here much, so I'm having fun catching up with some older threads. :)

The time machine bit was the best part!

Seriously ... no need to apologize. We, in fact, owe you a great debt of thanks for your efforts.

Nice to be back.......had right weirds happen here.......it wouldn't let me log in...then said my email wasn't recognised.....then when i went to the Banjo Ukulele section all the threads were different ??...new pictures had been added....now when i go there all the pictures except the one i've just put in to test it have vanished...any ideas why ???...the threads are back to normal...but the pics have gone ????

Is this what caused me to have issues logging in this morning, and the reason why the 2 posts I made yesterday have disappeared? :(

Mahalo, glad it's back up and running.

Looks like some photo attachments are still hosed up. Example marketplace. Maybe all they have to do is re-post the photos?

*** testing photo attachment ***

That explains it... all my photos are gone, and it won't let me attach any new ones

Last edited:
Gee, Rayan. If we didn't like it here so much nobody would care whether it was screwed up or not. You did good. Mahalozzz.

Mahalo for all you do Ryan. 99.9999% of the time this site cruises like a dream in spite of all the e-holes out there trying to do harm

Thank you for your hard work. I teach online and have support staff who take care of everything when the site goes down. The fact that you are doing it by yourself is tremendously appreciated.

Yay! for the Forum's return.

Thanks Ryan and everybody else who got this sorted out.

Eh, now go get some needed rest and needed time wit da family . . . .

No apologies needed, Rayan. Thank you for taking care of this (and us). Actually, I too enjoyed the surrealism of the time travel. By the way, I am noticing that a bunch of threads I was following are still about 24 hours old. My messages too. Not complaining (at my age, I'll take any extra time I can get!), but I was wondering if anyone else is seeing that too.

The worst part was realizing the David Newton concert on the Marketplace page was long gone!

(And what happened to the "Twilight Zone" video coolkayaker posted!?!?!!?)

Ditto to Rayan...thanks for all the effort on UU for all us ukefiles!

Top Bottom