You know you are a Ukulele player when....

Fred Miu

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Object of this thread is to list a reason, you can make multiple reasons, to why "You know you are a Ukulele player when..."

You know you are a Ukulele player when; you feel uncomfortable when you hold a guitar and think to yourself that there is too many strings.:rolleyes:

You know you are a ukulele player when your neighbor shows you his new all mahogany cabinet set and all you can think of is how many ukes you could make out of it. ;)

you overhear someone talking trash about ukulele and are overcome with malice

You occupy your mall time with watching live lessons

Your friends gave you a nickname pertaining to ukulele

It's usually all you want to talk about

you say guitar is overrated

You know you are a ukulele player when your neighbor shows you his new all mahogany cabinet set and all you can think of is how many ukes you could make out of it. ;)

wow, thats extreme man!!!!! :rock: (harold and kumar lol)

you know you are an ukulele player when you KNOW you can play I'm Yours....and people ask you to play it.

You know you are a Ukulele player when you thinks Deach is the best ukulele player every :)

you know you are an ukulele player when you KNOW you can play I'm Yours....and people ask you to play it.

Tru daht

Other ukers in your school don't bring their own ukes, because they know they can just nag to borrow yours.

When your standing on the back porch WITHOUT a Ukulele watchin the new neighbors move in, thinking of introducing yourself and he says "Your the guy that plays the Ukulele, right?".

(I find out he is friends with a family a couple of houses down the street from me).

You warm your house with a guitar burning stove....

6 strings it too many, but you don't play bass cuz you can't lift it...(ok i'm a bass player too)

When you hear Headstock, fingerboard, and soundhole its enough to need a cold shower...

you have at least one uke for serious playing, but one set aside to get water damage in the bathtub (thats me anyhow)

you go to a family reunion to pick up chicks...wait thats a redneck joke...

You've spent enough time modifying that $30 Kay ebay uke you could have made one from a kit from stew-mac with mother of pearl inlays you've grown yourself. But it sounds like a $45 uke at least.

- Size doesn't matter.

- You think "The Three Tenors" is a ukulele trio.

..when you read UU more than you read email

..when talking about g-strings is no longer inappropriate

..when you just bought a uke and are already planning your next purchase

- You want your dog to have fleas.

- "Moore Bettah" is grammatically correct.

- You stop blowing chunks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom