PDA

View Full Version : You know you are a Ukulele player when....

Fred Miu
02-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Object of this thread is to list a reason, you can make multiple reasons, to why "You know you are a Ukulele player when..."

You know you are a Ukulele player when; you feel uncomfortable when you hold a guitar and think to yourself that there is too many strings.:rolleyes:

therimidalv
02-18-2009, 06:24 PM
You know you are a ukulele player when your neighbor shows you his new all mahogany cabinet set and all you can think of is how many ukes you could make out of it. ;)

MisoHappy
02-18-2009, 06:31 PM
you overhear someone talking trash about ukulele and are overcome with malice

You occupy your mall time with watching live lessons

Your friends gave you a nickname pertaining to ukulele

It's usually all you want to talk about

you say guitar is overrated

Fred Miu
02-18-2009, 06:34 PM
You know you are a ukulele player when your neighbor shows you his new all mahogany cabinet set and all you can think of is how many ukes you could make out of it. ;)

wow, thats extreme man!!!!! :rock: (harold and kumar lol)

you know you are an ukulele player when you KNOW you can play I'm Yours....and people ask you to play it.

You know you are a Ukulele player when you thinks Deach is the best ukulele player every :)

MisoHappy
02-18-2009, 06:37 PM
you know you are an ukulele player when you KNOW you can play I'm Yours....and people ask you to play it.

Tru daht

Other ukers in your school don't bring their own ukes, because they know they can just nag to borrow yours.

freedive135
02-18-2009, 06:45 PM
When your standing on the back porch WITHOUT a Ukulele watchin the new neighbors move in, thinking of introducing yourself and he says "Your the guy that plays the Ukulele, right?".

(I find out he is friends with a family a couple of houses down the street from me).

DeG
02-18-2009, 06:46 PM
... you know what the 4 K's are.
... you think that George Clooney Eats Apples. (that's how I remember it)
...you think nothing of telling your friends you have a high G-String! (TMI!!) :D

bornagainjeeper
02-18-2009, 06:49 PM
You warm your house with a guitar burning stove....

6 strings it too many, but you don't play bass cuz you can't lift it...(ok i'm a bass player too)

When you hear Headstock, fingerboard, and soundhole its enough to need a cold shower...

you have at least one uke for serious playing, but one set aside to get water damage in the bathtub (thats me anyhow)

you go to a family reunion to pick up chicks...wait thats a redneck joke...

Fred Miu
02-18-2009, 06:52 PM
...you think nothing of telling your friends you have a high G-String! (TMI!!) :D

wait....WHAT ARE THE 4 K's?!!!!

DeG
02-18-2009, 06:56 PM
wait....WHAT ARE THE 4 K's?!!!!

For real??
Ko'olau, Kanile'a, KoAloha, Kamaka

:shaka:

Fred Miu
02-18-2009, 06:57 PM
i was kidding lol. for a second i was pretending that i wasnt a real ukulele player haha.

DeG
02-18-2009, 07:02 PM
i was kidding lol. for a second i was pretending that i wasnt a real ukulele player haha.

I knew you asked for the benefit of the newbies. ;)

anomoly40
02-18-2009, 07:12 PM
You've spent enough time modifying that $30 Kay ebay uke you could have made one from a kit from stew-mac with mother of pearl inlays you've grown yourself. But it sounds like a $45 uke at least.

cpatch
02-18-2009, 07:32 PM
- Size doesn't matter.

- You think "The Three Tenors" is a ukulele trio.

MisoHappy
02-18-2009, 07:38 PM
- Size doesn't matter.

- You think "The Three Tenors" is a ukulele trio.

!? It's not?

-you have a tendency to hold your ukulele in your lap at the computer

bornagainjeeper
02-18-2009, 07:41 PM
!? It's not?

so true....i hold it alllllll the damn time!

Fred Miu
02-18-2009, 07:47 PM
you guys are coming up with stuff i do everytime im modding lol

are some of you guys spying on meee??????

khrome
02-18-2009, 08:08 PM
..when you read UU more than you read email

..when talking about g-strings is no longer inappropriate

..when you just bought a uke and are already planning your next purchase

ricdoug
02-18-2009, 08:19 PM
When new audiences actually enjoy listening to you play the uke. I get that from all walks. Ric

cpatch
02-18-2009, 08:20 PM
- You want your dog to have fleas.

- "Moore Bettah" is grammatically correct.

- You stop blowing chunks.

keithy351
02-18-2009, 08:35 PM
........when you have a special name and place from your uke.....

..........when you see a song being played on a guitar but you know it sounds better off your uke

.............when your recieveing government insentive money and you've been spending the past month or so deciding what your next uke will be, then they keep put it back a month, so you keep looking, then your second guessing yourself, then you tell someone what your spending the money on and they say they can get one for $40 at the music store why would you spend $600 your just stupid, then you call them stupid, then they say a uke is just a little kids toy its not a real instrament, then you bust out on your uke about 20 different well known tunes and you own them... then your mum tells you, you need to put that money away from a rainy day, then you tell your mum well if its raining i will just play my uke why are you trying to stop me expressing my musical side :smileybounce:

................when you spend more time talking to random strangers on a forum about ukuleles then you do talking to your friends

bornagainjeeper
02-18-2009, 08:46 PM
........when you have a special name and place from your uke.....

..........when you see a song being played on a guitar but you know it sounds better off your uke

.............when your recieveing government insentive money and you've been spending the past month or so deciding what your next uke will be, then they keep put it back a month, so you keep looking, then your second guessing yourself, then you tell someone what your spending the money on and they say they can get one for $40 at the music store why would you spend $600 your just stupid, then you call them stupid, then they say a uke is just a little kids toy its not a real instrament, then you bust out on your uke about 20 different well known tunes and you own them... then your mum tells you, you need to put that money away from a rainy day, then you tell your mum well if its raining i will just play my uke why are you trying to stop me expressing my musical side :smileybounce:

................when you spend more time talking to random strangers on a forum about ukuleles then you do talking to your friends

are their ukulele family therapists?

MisoHappy
02-18-2009, 09:00 PM
.............when your recieveing government insentive money and you've been spending the past month or so deciding what your next uke will be, then they keep put it back a month, so you keep looking, then your second guessing yourself, then you tell someone what your spending the money on and they say they can get one for $40 at the music store why would you spend $600 your just stupid, then you call them stupid, then they say a uke is just a little kids toy its not a real instrament, then you bust out on your uke about 20 different well known tunes and you own them... then your mum tells you, you need to put that money away from a rainy day, then you tell your mum well if its raining i will just play my uke why are you trying to stop me expressing my musical side
:smileybounce:

That's beautiful, and so true. I don't think I could fit that into one sentence 0.0

UkeNinja
02-18-2009, 09:39 PM
You know you are a Ukulele player when... you have loads of money and flirt about having UAS at online forums by opening threads about how hard it is for you to resist the next purchase, expecting other members to talk you out of it and then back in because it's UAS and you cannot resist anyway.

You know you are a environmentally sound Ukulele player when... you buy an ukulele that is way too expensive for the playing abilities you will ever achieve, but still insist that your choice is the right one because "it will kill less trees to get to my Holy Grail than buying one that is a little better every time".

You know you are doomed to be a Ukulele player eternally when... you find that the ukulele's low string tension has spoiled you and even a simple C-chord on the guitar is like burning scorching hell on your tender fingertips.

You know you are a typical online-only Ukulele player when... you actually care how someone pronounces the word instead of how well they play. By the way, "play" is correctly pronounced "pleh".

experimentjon
02-18-2009, 10:27 PM

You should have seen my reaction to my close friend's solid koa coffee table (glass top.) I don't even want to think about how much it cost...but my first reaction was how many kamakas it could have made. Haha... Or all of the pews in my high school's chapel, which are all solid koa... Or the grand staircase at the Sheraton...

But you know you're an ukulele player when MGM is on your speed dial.

grappler
02-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Keep em coming guys. i cant think of one But im sure laughing hard at all yours because its true. haha

HaileISela
02-19-2009, 01:17 AM
You know you are a Ukulele player when:

...you read this thread and can't find a single statement that's not true... (Oh my, you people know me too well^^)

...you have difficulties to pronounce UK correctly always tending to say Uke/you always think of Ukes when you read the URL ".co.uk"

...you can not avoid to LYAO when you see this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/TheSnockertyFriddle/N-Ukes.jpg

ichadwick
02-19-2009, 01:27 AM
...when you save up your Paypal account to buy something special you've been wanting to get for a long time and instead buy another uke.

...when a guest asks why you have so many ukes or your spouse comments that you can't play them all, you just look at them like they're mad, then go off in a huff to strum a few bars until you cool down.

...when you walk out of a music store immediately on seeing their poor ukulele selection.

meletui
02-19-2009, 01:36 AM
You know you're an ukulele player when:

>Your child's first 2 words are "mummy" and "ukuleilee"
>You start pronouncing some of your words with a filipino/hawaiian accent

UkuLeLesReggAe
ur sitting at the computer trying to learn a song at 3am in the morning on a school night.

UkuLeLesReggAe
You know you're an ukulele player when:

>Your child's first 2 words are "mummy" and "ukuleilee"
>You start pronouncing some of your words with a filipino/hawaiian accent

when u name ur child jumping flee

keithy351
02-19-2009, 03:36 AM
when you start saying hi and by in hawiian cause you play a uke

cpatch
02-19-2009, 04:26 AM
- When you go on vacation to Hawai`i and you're more excited about the music stores and uke factories than the beaches.

- When the first thing you grab when you get home is your uke instead of your significant other.

- When your uke IS your significant other.

- When having a high G-string doesn't involve low-rise pants.

therimidalv
02-19-2009, 04:31 AM
...when you start saying 'yea' at the end of your sentences from watching all the uke minutes and lessons(thanks aldrine)

haole
02-19-2009, 05:33 AM
-MGM's eBay store is your homepage, even though your bank account has been in the negatives for two weeks.
-The word "friction" usually has a negative connotation.
-You associate Canada with ADF#B.

Captain Google
02-19-2009, 05:54 AM
...you know what the 5 Ks are.

...you see a friend describe himself as "uke" (pronounced ook-eh) (referring to yaoi couples), and you wonder why you've never played your uke (pronounced yook) friend.

...you start using "mahaloz" in regular speech.

...you do the same with "alohaz".

...you speak of pishing line (normally por da pishes).

haolejohn
02-19-2009, 06:08 AM
You know you are an ukulele player when you teach everyone you meet the joys of the uke.

Harold O.
02-19-2009, 06:27 AM
You're a uke player when:

...you start pronouncing it ookulahlah ------ ala Aldrine

...you have one in your office, another by the sofa, another to haul around in the car, another on display, and another under construction.

...you keep printing out song tabs even though you've yet to figure out the 27 others you printed out yesterday.

...you can pluck a G-string with complete impunity.

...you repeatedly please yourself with your little thing.

cpatch
02-19-2009, 06:31 AM
- Jason Mraz's version of "I'm Yours" doesn't sound right.

generem
02-19-2009, 06:48 AM
When your walking to your car in the rain with your 3 year old child in one hand and your ukulele on the other.. You make sure the ukulele is safe and secure in the car before the child..:shaka:

Dont tell my wife...:biglaugh:

You hum gently weeps to put your child to bed

NatalieS
02-19-2009, 07:40 AM
You know you're a ukulele player when you hear a good song in the car and, without thinking, start chunking patterns on your steering wheel.

HaileISela
02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
...you start using "mahaloz" in regular speech.

...you do the same with "alohaz".

This is soooo true! As EVERYTHING in this thread is. That's why this is my new favorite thread!

btw, You finally know that your a Ukulelist when you name your Ukes with girl names while you name your first daughter Uku and the second Lele (and if there's a boy: sir chunks-a-lot)

mctrmt
02-19-2009, 11:08 AM
.... when you see a guitar and think, "Oh my gawd, that thing is huge."

You know you're a UkuleleUndergrounder when you find yourself using the word "deach" as a verb in daily conversation.

TheWannabe90
02-19-2009, 11:14 AM
- When you start associating the word "Deach" with a naked guy on the internet.

Bassukuguy
02-19-2009, 11:29 AM
you know your a ukulele player when:

... All of your youtube subscriptions are to ukulele related channels.

... you set up MGM's sound samples on Youtube as a playlist so you can compare and contrast your next purchase.

... your infront of your computer on Wednesday @ 2pm HI time.

Captain Google
02-19-2009, 11:43 AM
... your infront of your computer on Wednesday @ 2pm HI time.

To expand on that, you know you're a ukel when you cry because you're not in front of your computer on Wednesday @ 2pm HI time.

lisaxy424
02-19-2009, 12:07 PM
You know you're a ukulele player when you hear a good song in the car and, without thinking, start chunking patterns on your steering wheel.

YESSSS!!! As I was reading all of the posts - I was like, there's gotta be someone out there who "air-strums" every song on the radio!!!

WHEW! For a second there, I thought I wasn't really a uke player...:D

NukeDOC
02-19-2009, 12:14 PM
you floss your teeth with old A strings

you picked up an "import tuner" magazine because you thought it was about electronics made especially for chinese built ukulele

while watching pro wrestling and people are chanting USA! USA! you are instead chanting UAS! UAS!

the girl you are crushing on asks you what you want for your bday. and you wonder why you got slapped after telling her "kanile'a" (can i lay ya?)

"shaka" to you has nothing to do with the african zulu nation.

saying "aw man i broke another g string" doesnt even cause you to chuckle. yet you wonder why others around you are, after hearing you say that.

Luna
02-19-2009, 12:36 PM
I don't think anyone's done this one yet.

...when, upon seeing you play, 93802374 people have thought that it was a tiny guitar. (Someone actually guessed it was a mandolin. Twice. And she's a musician, too...)

wickedwahine11
02-19-2009, 02:10 PM
- When you go on vacation to Hawai`i and you're more excited about the music stores and uke factories than the beaches.

Isn't that the truth? I'm going to Hawaii in May and I'm most excited about touring the Kanile'a factor in Oahu and visiting some uke shops in Oahu and Kauai.:rolleyes:

DeG
02-19-2009, 02:18 PM
You know you're a UkuleleUndergrounder when you find yourself using the word "deach" as a verb in daily conversation.

... Guilty!:D

Fred Miu
02-19-2009, 04:08 PM
wow guys, i didnt think this thread would be such a hit. keep 'em coming! :D

katreetrunk
02-19-2009, 04:11 PM
....when you hear a song on the radio driving [or anywhere], and immediately look up tabs/chords when you get home to try and play the song on your uke

....when you love anyone named "luke" because "uke" is in it

....when you get excited when anyone starts talking about anything that can be somehow connected to the ukulele [hawaii, luaus etc.]

.....when you praise anyone who knows who jake shimabukuro is

sukie
02-19-2009, 04:40 PM
...when you notice your friend's car has a license plate that starts with UKE and you want that plate.

haole
02-19-2009, 04:42 PM
...when you notice your friend's car has a license plate that starts with UKE and you want that plate.

...When you notice your friend's car has a license plate that starts with CMJ and you mention that in a live chat with Aldrine while he's playing, so he gets distracted. ;)

meletui
02-19-2009, 04:45 PM
>When at least one of your files in word or adobe reader is called "new uke songs"
>when at least one of your favourite youtube videos is "Ukulele weeps by Jake Shimabukuro"
>when you dont care if your 3 year old child calls a piglet a "baby piggy" or a puppy a "baby doggy", but are quick to correct them if they call an ukulele a "baby guitar"....Blasphemy!!!

NatalieS
02-19-2009, 05:17 PM
..... you notice that ALL the commercials on TV now have uke in them!

s0me0ner
02-19-2009, 05:44 PM
In the same train of thought
... when you turn your attention away from your computer screen (conveniently browsing UU) to watch the TV cuz one of the characters on one of the shows your wife is watching is playing the uke.

B!rch
02-19-2009, 06:30 PM
!? It's not?

haha i pull this one all the time :rolleyes:

I'm also tempted to burn my room mate's fender telecaster :p

ichadwick
02-20-2009, 02:22 AM
...when someone spots you with uke in hand and recognizes it as a ukulele, you immediately launch into a description of your collection, with sidebar comments about the various tonewoods, the design, the scale and the company, and the history of the uke.

......when someone spots you with uke in hand and mistakenly thinks it's a mandolin or small guitar, you immediately launch into a description of your collection, with sidebar comments about the various tonewoods, the design, the scale and the company, and the history of the uke.

...when someone spots you with uke in hand and asks, "what's that?" you immediately launch into a description of your collection, with sidebar comments about the various tonewoods, the design, the scale and the company, and the history of the uke.

... when other people pull pictures out of their kids and grandkids out of their wallets and purses to show off, you have a picture of your ukulele collection.

... when you and your co-workers are discussing their plans for the upcoming weekend, and they're all going to parties, visiting friends or relatives, skiing, snowboarding, playing sports, dining out or shopping, all you're looking forward to is a few hours trying to learn a new song you discovered on the Underground that week.

...when one of those co-workers asks you about your weekend plans, you immediately launch into a description of your collection, with sidebar comments about the various tonewoods, the design, the scale and the company, and the history of the uke.

ichadwick
02-20-2009, 02:32 AM
I'm also tempted to burn my room mate's fender telecaster :p
Don't burn it! they make terrific coffee tables and great conversation pieces. Screw four legs into the top - you can buy them at most hardware stores then you have a nice little table to rest your tea cup and music stand on while playing the uke.

Just keep in mind you have to put the legs on the front, otherwise all the strings and pickups make it difficult to place your tea or coffee without it spilling. This, for example, is wrong:
http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2008/03/03/guitar-table_64.jpg

It should look more like this when you're done:
http://www.ballerhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/guitar-coffee-table.jpg

Another suggestion:
http://www.guitarlamp.com/glblacktable.jpg (http://www.guitarlamp.com/Original.htm)

seeso
02-20-2009, 03:46 AM
... When you own a stuffed animal of Aldrine Guerrero.

Captain Google
02-20-2009, 04:17 AM
...you play Burnout Paradise and are saddened by the lack of uke shops.

...you name ukes that you have yet to buy.

You know you're a uke player who cares when it infuriates you to hear a fellow uker speak of burning guitars in a non-hendrix way (or making them into coffee tables), on the grounds that ukes and guitars sound great together. :rock:

dominicfoundthemooon
02-20-2009, 04:55 AM

I say.. Good Cats Eat Apples!!

dominicfoundthemooon
02-20-2009, 04:59 AM
when you spend 1/2 your day on ebay selling you old ukulele to buy a new ukulele... (see my auction on ebay right now for my Bushman... and then the one i am bidding on.. Koaloha Concert)

when your friends call you "uke crazy"

when you e-mail Paul at Koaloha Ukulele every other day checking on the progress of your ukulele..

when follow your GF around with the uke making her and unwilling part of your youtube videos... see www.youtube.com/dominicfoundthemoon

d

cpatch
02-20-2009, 05:50 AM
- Your friend invites you to see a concert with a baritone, tenor, and soprano and you think you're going uke shopping.

- Your response to the previous item is: "Well aren't you?"

cpatch
02-20-2009, 05:52 AM
... When you own a stuffed animal of Aldrine Guerrero.
... When you sleep with a stuffed animal of Aldrine Guerrero.

bbycrts
02-20-2009, 06:23 AM
...when you shuffle through Guitar Center mumbling something about how you just wish there was a Ukulele Center

...when you tell people about your Work Uke and your Car Uke and your Home Uke, etc.

...when you seriously consider a vanity license plate that says GCEA

...when you show your wife a picture of an $8,000 Ko'olau and tell her you want it for two reasons: 1) it makes the $1,000 Kanile'a seem much more palatable and 2) you actually believe somewhere in the tiniest corner of your heart that she will say to herself, "you know? That would be a great gift" and buy you that Ko'olau.

LonnaB
02-20-2009, 06:35 AM
This thread is hilarious!

...when you get a great deal on a set of 5.1 surround sound speakers and after you run the speaker wire and start jamming, you contemplate what a nice ukulele you could have gotten with that cash.

...when you not only have your next ukulele picked out, you've already named it as well!

TheWannabe90
02-20-2009, 06:38 AM
-when you live in Belgium and receive a message with ukuleleunderground button from hawai in your mailbox, for rayan's birthday... (my parents didn't believe someone in Hawai would actually send that to Belgium)

-When you start showing that button extremely proudly to random strangers just to start a conversation...

-Every time a commercial with uke background music is on, you constantly repeat "listen, shhhh, listen, you hear that? Now that is a ukulele" (I do that every time, always the same commercials, always the same people I annoy)

-When you stop going to a certain music store because the shop owner doesn't know what a tenor ukulele is and tries to convice you to buy a mahalo flying V instead...

-When you start telling all these ukulele jokes you just read on this thread to people who couldn't care less, and probably don't even know what a ukulele is, while laughing out loud before you completed your sentence.

Captain Google
02-20-2009, 06:39 AM
...when you not only have your next ukulele picked out, you've already named it as well!

I became guilty of this just yesterday. Now comes the arduous task of waiting for the money that will pay for it. :wallbash:

bbycrts
02-20-2009, 06:57 AM
...when you think naming your ukes for the Three Stooges will give you enough names...and then you realize you have to use Shemp and Curly Joe as well...

Howlin Hobbit
02-20-2009, 07:57 AM
...when you think naming your ukes for the Three Stooges will give you enough names...and then you realize you have to use Shemp and Curly Joe as well...

...and then you have to add the Marx Bros. Including the lesser known Zeppo and Gummo.

cashew
02-20-2009, 08:15 AM
...and then you have to add the Marx Bros. Including the lesser known Zeppo and Gummo.

And then... You have to start using the names of the people on Gilligan's island, including the lesser known WrongWay Feldman (the pilot who got off the island on one episode who couldnt ever find it again) and the Chimp.

mctrmt
02-20-2009, 09:30 AM

....and Karl.

geoffsuke
02-20-2009, 10:15 AM
.... when you play it on the loo
.... when your playing the quick word game and k comes and you say koa:music::music::music::music:

ukusaurus
02-20-2009, 01:16 PM
When you come home from work/school and go to youtube and do a ukulele search by "date added" to see all the cool new uke vids people uploaded.

seeso
02-20-2009, 01:22 PM
... When you sleep with a stuffed animal of Aldrine Guerrero.

LOL. Touché. :D

cpatch
02-20-2009, 01:39 PM
When you come home from work/school and go to youtube and do a ukulele search by "date added" to see all the cool new uke vids people uploaded.
When you come home from work/school and go to eBay and do a ukulele search by "newly listed" to see all the cool new ukes people put up for sale.

HaileISela
02-20-2009, 02:02 PM
as I stated somewhere else:

you know you are a Ukulele player when the first comment you get on a new video is by deach69^^

remy
02-20-2009, 04:46 PM
You know you are a uke player when you start bribing people at work into doing things they don't want to do by offering to play a song on your uke for them... and it works! (I did this to get all my students to turn in their papers. It worked! Better than threatening them with bad grades)

You know you are a uke player if you have ever taken a nap while spooning your uke. (Did this too... woke up with string marks on my cheek. I should really have made him breakfast the next morning...)

Captain Google
02-28-2009, 04:20 AM
...the highlight of your day is a Bounce commercial. (It's just another oh-oh-oh ordinary day...)

Fred Miu
02-28-2009, 04:37 AM
as I stated somewhere else:

you know you are a Ukulele player when the first comment you get on a new video is by deach69^^

haha i guess im not one yet >_<

TheWannabe90
03-20-2009, 06:03 AM
When you watch an episode of heroes and for some reason Hiro and Ando remind you of Aldrine and Rayan...

UKISOCIETY
03-20-2009, 06:29 AM
When you watch an episode of heroes and for some reason Hiro and Ando remind you of Aldrine and Rayan...

Ha! Well, they will from now on!:p

Ahnko Honu
03-20-2009, 06:40 AM
You wake up with 2 ukuleles lying next to you? (I just did)
Your already deciding on your next new ukulele purchase before your last one has arrived in the mail.
You spend hours a day on Chordie.com looking for new songs to try.

You have stopped telling "Portagee" jokes because of your appreciation of this wonderful instrument they gifted to the Hawaiian culture.

smgold101
03-20-2009, 06:48 AM
You would rather see Jake Shimabukuro then any other concert the same night. Also while trying to convince your non uke playing friends to come you say something like "he is like the Jimmy Hendrix of Ukuleles". lol or at least I do :D

Fred Miu
03-20-2009, 07:22 AM
you have all your ukuleles signed by Jake and he remembers EVERYTIME you ask him to sign it.

TheWannabe90
03-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Ha! Well, they will from now on!:p
For real, and not only the looks...
Hiro is the great hero who can stop time, but he is nowhere without his loyal friend Ando.
See the resemblance? (Besides the stopping time thing of course :))

Joe H
03-20-2009, 11:48 AM
When you buy Wii Music just for the ukulele.

wickedwahine11
03-20-2009, 12:33 PM

Get out!!! Is there a ukulele on Wii Music? If so, I'm so going to get that!

mwalimu
03-20-2009, 12:34 PM
If you've gotten this far into this thread and you've been shaking your head, yep, done that...

If you have a uke in every room in the house.

If you've been in the Walmart sports section wondering what test weight fish line would make a good e string.

If playing your old guitar makes you feel like a little kid.

Captain Google
03-20-2009, 01:27 PM

There's a uke in that game? :eek:

Oswegan
03-20-2009, 01:35 PM
You know you're a ukulele player when your nut is tangled up in fishing line.

Ahnko Honu
03-20-2009, 02:05 PM

That sounds painful! :eek:

UkuleleOwnz
03-20-2009, 03:22 PM
You know your a ukulele player when girls turn you down because of your long nails, and you say hunny i can hit unspeakable bpms on me ukkuh ok *brush's off shoulder* walks away *shouts* MAHALLLOOOOZZZ!!!:shaka:

lacerveza
03-23-2009, 10:15 AM
if you get strumming tourretes in your strumming hand everytime some music comes on

generem
03-23-2009, 06:26 PM

AHAhahahahahahahaha. That gonna be hard to explain when someone walks in while trying to untangle it

MGM
03-23-2009, 09:26 PM
when you play a ukelele song and it doesn't come out just right and you tell the persons hearing....
Awh the action was too high...action was too low
strings are dead...wrong brand of strings on the ukulele
the fifth fret was buzzing....the action at the nut didnt feel right...it was out of tune...The saddle wasnt compensated right and the intonation is off. the frets are unlevel...theres a loose brace somewear...the friction tuners are slipping... the strings havent stracthed out yet.. I need low g tuning for that song...I need high g tuning for that song...I can't play it correctly on a soprano I needed a tenor....my fingers were cramping...etc etc etc...

Fred Miu
03-24-2009, 05:48 AM
LOL! MGM that was so true

PickNStrum
03-24-2009, 07:52 AM
You know you're an ukulele player when the only way you can justify having so many instruments with you wife is opening an ukulele shop!

SuperSecretBETA
03-24-2009, 08:05 AM
You know you're an ukulele player when...

you hate the song, "I'm Yours," but you still play it anyway!

rclifford13
03-24-2009, 11:17 PM
-
-You associate Canada with ADF#B.
Lol! that's my favourite one.

You know you're a ukulele player when:

...you see someone playing a cheap Mahalo ukulele, you fight the urge to grab it off them and show them how it's done.

...you justify buying a $1000 uke to your incredulous friends by saying "But...but..it comes from...HAWAII!"

...you are the expert at explaining the difference between a ukulele and a mandolin, banjo, lap steel, bass guitar, or glockenspiel.

smgold101
03-25-2009, 08:42 AM
When you get IM'ed and they say "whats up" and you reply "oh nothing the usual" and they respond "playing ukulele?"

uke puke
03-25-2009, 09:23 AM
...UU is your homepage

HaileISela
03-25-2009, 01:00 PM
...UU is your homepage

Oh so true... UU, Uketoob and yahoo, there you go!