"Frisco Uke", Concert size, Hand Crafted and designed by Marc Silber & Chuck Fayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

warndt

Reaction score
"Frisco Uke", Concert size, Hand Crafted and designed by Marc Silber & Chuck Fayne

Additional FRISCO 006.jpgAdditional FRISCO 003.jpgAdditional FRISCO 002.jpgAdditional FRISCO 007.jpgadditional frisco 001.jpg

This "Frisco" Uke was made in 1998. These were made with a 15.5" concert scale with a larger size body. Hand Crafted and designed by Marc Silber & Chuck Fayne back when the K&S Guitar Co. was still in business. Only selling because I'm moving to a smaller house. I bought this direct from MGM's (Musicguymikes) "Personal Stash" several years ago.

The ukulele has a top of spruce (CERIMO) and the back & sides of highly figured Spanish Cedar (CEDRELA ODORATA) highlighted by a beautiful gloss finish. This is one of the earliest builds where the fingerboard extended over the body. The later ukuleles had fretboards shortened to the body. Even the tuners were hand crafted on this one!

This is truly an heirloom quality instrument and is worthy of display. Sweet tone and plenty of volume. I don't have recording equipment, but here is a sample of what they sound like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-QRjG4p-n4

Very fine complex tones, easy playability.

Excellent condition! Feel free to ask any questions or submit requests.

The price is SOLD...THANKS UU !! in a vintage chipboard case with extra strings.

Last edited:
The top is what, exactly? Bigger photos would likely be helpful to your sale. It looks like a beaut but I can hardly see it! ;)

The top is what, exactly? Bigger photos would likely be helpful to your sale. It looks like a beaut but I can hardly see it! ;)

Cerimo is what the builder called the top-wood. It looks like a creamy type of spruce to me...similar to englemann spruce. I have a question in to the builder for clarification on this wood and will update as soon as I hear back from him.

Larger pics will be loaded as soon as this site allows. In the meantime, did you try holding your control button down while scrolling up with the mouse wheel? This will give you a larger view for now...or just PM me and I'll send larger pics.

Hopefully, things will get fixed soon. :cool:

Last edited:
I have one of these Friscos and they are great Ukes!
And FYI, William is a great guy to do business with...I recently bought a few from him, first rate all the way!

I have one of these Friscos and they are great Ukes!
And FYI, William is a great guy to do business with...I recently bought a few from him, first rate all the way!

Thanks for the support Glenn!

Last edited:
Additional pictures:

Attachments

• Frisco9.jpg
    Frisco9.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Additional FRISCO 004.jpg
    Additional FRISCO 004.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Additional FRISCO 005.jpg
    Additional FRISCO 005.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Additional FRISCO 006.jpg
    Additional FRISCO 006.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Additional FRISCO 007.jpg
    Additional FRISCO 007.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Bigger file size to show detail was what I was looking for. same with your C2C on the Tacoma forum. :cool: Good luck with this uke and your Chief. :)

Bigger file size to show detail was what I was looking for. same with your C2C on the Tacoma forum. :cool: Good luck with this uke and your Chief. :)

Teek...Added pics with a larger file size. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, I was trying to help with a bump and my observation. but I just accidentally bought another Tacoma so now will be selling ukes myself til I equalize my finances. The quickest cure for UAS besides a Moore Bettah seems to be GAS! Did you catch the final price on the koa Chief on eBay?

This IS a gorgeous uke! So *bump*.

Thanks, I was trying to help with a bump and my observation. but I just accidentally bought another Tacoma so now will be selling ukes myself til I equalize my finances. The quickest cure for UAS besides a Moore Bettah seems to be GAS! Did you catch the final price on the koa Chief on eBay?

This IS a gorgeous uke! So *bump*.

Thanks Teek...I appreciate the bump. It looks like you and I share a few of the same serious maladies!! :)

Last edited:
Lowered asking price to $750.00 shipped.

Feel free to ask any questions or requests.

Last edited:
That is one gorgeous ukulele!

Very cool uke.
What's the nut width?
Can we hear a sound bite?

Thanks to all for the kind words. It is a beautiful instrument indeed.

Sorry about the lack of recording samples... other than for use in sales, I have no need to record. I'm a low tech kinda guy anyway.

:cheers:

I know someone who has one of those. It is really well made and a great player. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks EDW. I appreciate the well-wishes.

Whoever buys this one will be very happy with it. These rarely come up for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom