Groups

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
I don't understand why more Ukers don't join the groups. There, you would have a group of like minded folks with whom to exchange ideas or share information.

To look 'em over just go to your Profile, find where it says "join group" and check 'em out. They could be another good learning tool for you.

Last edited:
You'd think, huh? Who knows, guess they expend all their energy on the regular forums.

I am a "member" of six different groups on this forum. I've never had any evidence that any of those groups did anything. I thought of starting a group for Clara owners but I think that the occasional thread when an issue comes up is a better solution.

Just checked those groups. Only one, Fluke Foundation has had any activity in the past year.

Groups? Meh.

Last edited:
I've made the same effort. To be fair, "Groups" is the least-popular feature of every forum I've seen. They're a great idea -- dedicated spaces that don't clutter up a forum index -- but it seems their separateness from the forum board renders them invisible.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but it seems like such a good idea to have a bunch of like minded folks together to talk about stuff. I started a group about singing, but nobody joined up so I closed it. It seems to me that a lot of the folks on the UU are mostly interested in obtaining more and more Ukes and then selling them. I guess that's all right, but I'm interested in talking music and learning things. Well, "so it goes . . .".

Well, OK, to do my part I've gone and joined all the groups that looked relevant to my Uke playing. So, now what? Are groups a passive thing, or am I expected to take some sort of action?

I'd say yes. You got a problem? A question? A suggestion? You lonely? Ask it--say it--"just do it". The groups are there for our use so why not use them? When folks get to talkin' on them, maybe folks'll get to talkin' on them. Which one did you join? You helped me out with the diminished seventh chords (thanks) so it'll be just like that.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I thought too, but it seems like such a good idea to have a bunch of like minded folks together to talk about stuff. I started a group about singing, but nobody joined up so I closed it. It seems to me that a lot of the folks on the UU are mostly interested in obtaining more and more Ukes and then selling them. I guess that's all right, but I'm interested in talking music and learning things. Well, "so it goes . . .".

Another way to go is to start some posts in the appropriate forums of your interest. People here are usually pretty good about responding in the forums. I have joined a couple of groups, and I haven't seen much action.

I joined 6 groups, Banjo Ukulele Owners and Collectoers, Christian Ukulele Players, Classical Ukers, I Own A Banjolele, Lanikai Legue, and Vets with Ukes. But it looks like 3 of them are sort of redundant in my case. I joined Banjo Ukulele Owners and Collectoers, I Own A Banjolele, and Lanikai Legue, just because I own and play a Lanikai Banjolele. I could probably drop 2 of them. How do I use a group? Do I go somewhere to post a message to the group members, or what?

VegasGeorge, just press the Avatar of your group. Then you will see the conversations taking place (hopefully). Then you can either join in or start one of your own. And thanks for trying.

Top Bottom