Southcoast strings & Fluke?

M3Ukulele

Reaction score
Just trying different strings looking for optimum set for my Walnut Fluke. Stumbled on thread on Southcoast strings and signed up for their news letter. Great information. Anybody try any on their Fluke?

Watch out for thin fluorcarbon strings and the slot in the bridge. You need a big knot, or maybe a bead to keep the string from pulling out of the slot, particularly on the thin 1st and 4th strings. Otherwise, they are a good choice.

I've tried Martin 620's and Oasis. No issues with the knots but the sound was too quiet and subdued for the Fluke. They sounded good but no volume. No issue with zero fret and nut. What I'm search for is strings that bring out the best that the Fluke has to offer. I've asked Dirk at Southcoast string for some recommendation. I play in re-entrant C tuning with high g. Just wonder what sounds best of Fluke and the info on Southcoast is really good so anybody try these on a Fluke?

Did you already try the d'addario nyltech strings? Although I'm not a big fan of aquila like strings they have a reputation of being loud with their own sound.

My personal preference on my fluke, flea and firefly is Aquilas.

I’m using Living Water strings on mine. I haven’t had any problems with the knots,

The previous owner added a ‘tree’ on the head stock to help prevent ‘buzzing’ when using Aquila strings.
Consequently, i have not had any issues!

I really like (and recommend) Living Water strings.

Top Bottom