Your Experience with MIM

Shorebird

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a Kala from MIM. What are your experiences with them? Do they do a good job setting up the Ukulele?

No better person to buy a uke from. Awesome person and dealer in all respects.

Mim is a good source of information, does a good set-up and often has the lowest prices.

She's great, and pretty good lookin' too.

There's no online retailer I recommend more highly than Mim. Super nice person who'll answer any and all of your questions regarding your purchase.

My one experience with Mim was excellent. Set up was great. Electric uke was defective however. She refunded my money before I even sent it back to her. No questions asked. I'd use her again in a heartbeat.

Ooooo... oooo... Can I be "that guy" and do a commercial for me?
Cause... like... yall know me! Ukulele Underground Member before dealer... always... but...

It is hard to let this opportunity pass without plugging myself!

PLEASE?!

(Ok, if you said no... stop reading... the following is a Mim commercial... Seeso can take it down if I am being naughty and self-promoting, which I am... but... I am owning up to it ;) And I do it so rarely! And the initial poster asked! )

Hi!

Mim is me!

And yep, no employees, so if you e-mail me, you get me!
If you call me, it is me!
If you need a question answered, you get me!
And if there is ever a problem... I ALWAYS take care of you!

Oh, and the thing I am the most proud of is my set-up!
I am luthier trained and "been doing this for over 4 years" trained.
I set up a ukulele as if I was setting it up for myself. So I don't cut corners or anything and every uke that leaves me shop gets a complete once over.
Nut, frets, saddle, electronics checked, etc.
By the time I am done the goal is for your ukulele action to be smooth, comfortable, perfect for the ukulele you buy, and buzz free!
And if there is ever a problem (rare, but things do happen), I always make it right!

The biggest compliment to me though is to be called "they" because it means people think I am a bigger operation than I am!
But the nice thing is since it is me, you know, I am personally invested in every ukulele I sell.
Cause... heck... I want to have a pristine rep. It is important to me!

And I personally know every uke I sell. And if you need a demo, I can do those too!

I do probably win the award though for strangest ukulele shop ever!
I have over 300 ukuleles in stock at any given time,
but...
my shop is right off the Blue Ridge Parkway and by the looks of the outside of my shop, you would not realize the inside houses so many ukuleles, displayed brightly with bright walls and track lighting.
The outside looks like a old country house, the inside looks like a music shop! It is weird, but, it is me! Haha!
And I love what I do!
And my customers become my friends!

And I got Kalas! So, if you need to call me, I am here! 540-505-5444

I got a beloved Ohana soprano from her. Play it all the time. Very good to do business with!

And.....if another ukulele needs a tad bit of tweaking? She will help with that, too. How do I know? Experience.

Looking forward to buying a Mim uke soon!

Finding a seller that is committed to excellence and honest fair play is not always easy. I'll support them every time. There are a couple of major sellers that have lost me completely just because I did not feel they were being honest about a problem or issue with their product or service or they just do not give the customer support promised in their advertisements. If we want excellence in this we need to demand it and then support those who give it imo. Yea! Mim. You rock!

But I am compelled to make one suggestion. That red/orange background used to display the ukes in pics always seems to overwhelm the instrument and wash it out a little. They aren't always seen to their best advantage on my computer at least. Just a suggestion. :love:

I there's anyone that knows Mim and does not love her I will personally volunteer to kick them in the gonads. Rhetorically of course. And from afar.

Mim is awesomely awesome. And she has blue hair. Or pink. Or something...

Finding a seller that is committed to excellence and honest fair play is not always easy. I'll support them every time. There are a couple of major sellers that have lost me completely just because I did not feel they were being honest about a problem or issue with their product or service or they just do not give the customer support promised in their advertisements. If we want excellence in this we need to demand it and then support those who give it imo. Yea! Mim. You rock!

But I am compelled to make one suggestion. That red/orange background used to display the ukes in pics always seems to overwhelm the instrument and wash it out a little. They aren't always seen to their best advantage on my computer at least. Just a suggestion. :love:

I KNOW! I am so torn!!!

So I tried black... it was too dark and I had to watermark everything.
I tried my dark blue and the flash looks like poo on it.
And on ebay you know a Mim listing because of the orange.

I bought photog lights and everything and tried a tripod, but it would take so long (since I take individual pictures).
Throwing it up on the wall and snap x12 is SO much faster.

Hmmm...

I have 2 rooms upstairs at my shop. One room is my warehouse and has all the non-displayed ukuleles in there.
The smaller room right now is a "junk that has moved from shop to shop even from the Aloha Snow days I need to go through and organize it" stuff in there.

So... when I get that cleaned out maybe I will try to figure out a less extreme background.

BUT...

My listings sure do stand out!

So, therefore I am torn.

But I know, I feel ya! Totally!
I will figure something out... soon. Cause I want that room cleaned out anyway.
(It just has boxes of receipts, papers, odds and ends, tedious stuff.)

Top Bottom