royal aloha ukulele what year?

jcricket

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
I am a beginner as I have stated. I am struck with UAS, and have bought several ukes. Nothing new here.

However, I wonder if I didn't happen to stumble onto a gem. I have a Royal Aloha Tenor ukulele. It is in beautiful condition.

I did some googling and this is the only thing I could find

http://www.nalu-music.com/nalu/sample.pdf

page 5 and 6 mentions a ukulele company in Hawaii that made "aloha royal" ukes from 1916 to 1917. I never would have guessed this to be that old. It is in beautiful condition.

I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how.

Is anyone here familiar with these ukes? This ones sounds incredible for sure.

Last edited:
I have been unable to upload any pictures. IS anyone else having this problem? Is it my account? What am I doing wrong?

I would love to share some pictures of this old uke.

mark

Sounds like a wonderful addition. Looking forward to seeing pics!

Hey Folks,
Can anyone help me figure out how to upload files. My method - I use the reply, then go advance, then manage attachments, then browse files(I pick jpeg image file), and hit upload. Nothing happens. The files will not load. I suspect it may be a problem with my account. Anyone know who to contact to get it straightened out?

Thanks,
Mark

The forums picture loading is down due to the server crash couple days ago. I beleve the tech guys are working at it everyday to get it back to normal.

It looks like it is fixed. Too cool.

I took my aloha royal uke to a guitar shop today. I was having difficulty playing it. The action was too high, and the first string wasn't level( in relation to the other strings.). Its going to cost me about $50 to have them set it up, but the guy said it would play significantly better.

Attached are the photos. I found some more info on this particular uke. It appears it was actually made between about 1935ish and 1943ish. Also, made in japan. It has a very rich warm tone. I love it. Now I have to wait for a few more weeks.
The current question, which of my four other ukes do I use until I get it back.:)

Attachments

• uker2.jpg
    uker2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 29
  • uker4.jpg
    uker4.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 30
  • uker3.jpg
    uker3.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 27
  • ukuR1.jpg
    ukuR1.jpg