G-string koa tenor ukulele + case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy B

Reaction score
SOLD. THANKS UU.

This is one of the easiest playing, best sounding koa tenors I've owned. It's equal to, or better than, any of the K tenors I've had ... and cheaper! The sound is sweet, balanced and full. The single-note articulation all the way up the neck is amazing. The neck is straight and the action is low throughout the entire fingerboard. It frets so easily that it feels as though the fretboard is very slightly radiused, but I haven't contacted G-string to confirm. It is strung with Oasis Warm fluorocarbon and an Aquila wound low-G.

This uke has no structural issues. There are no cracks or repairs. The only area of concern is the back panel, which has a bunch of surface scratches. These are only in the finish, as if a previous owner played with metal buttons on his shirt. Most of them are very superficial, although there's one bigger one. See photo. The sides and top are glossy smooth and lovely to look at.

Why I'm selling: I play tenor only occasionally, and my Kala is enough for the job. I'd rather have the cash to pay down some bills.

Oh yeah, here are the photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterbutt/sets/72157646094233007/

This uke comes with a UkeCrazy zippered hard foam case. Asking ... shipped and insured (48 states ... all others, please contact me). Payment by check, money order or PayPal gift preferred. If paying by regular PayPal, I'll split the fees with the buyer. Questions? Please PM me or email me directly at eightpaws (at) sbcglobal (dot) net.

Last edited:
This is one of the easiest playing, sweetest sounding koa tenors I've owned.

I agree. I used to own one and it was a great sounding and playing tenor. Good luck!

TEMPTING. I have a GString concert and I love it and I'm more of a tenor player.

G-Strings are nice sounding and very playable. I believe some (all?) do have the radius fretboard. Not sure about that either.

Is this uke sold?

G-Strings are nice sounding and very playable. I believe some (all?) do have the radius fretboard. Not sure about that either.

Is this uke sold?

The uke is still available. I just played it tonight and still am in awe of how easily it plays all the way up the fretboard and how clean each note rings.

As for the fingerboard, I actually don't see a radius. But I could swear I feel it. This fingerboard plays like butter!

Sunday-night bump and price reduction. This is the last price drop. I know someone is going to love this tenor, and if that someone is me, I can live with that. :) Please email me if you have any questions (fix spam-proofing): eightpaws (at) sbcglobal (dot) net.

Tom

PM sent!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom