Vintage Banjo Uke for Parts or Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy B

Reaction score
SOLD! THANKS!

I'm cleaning out my closet of all the detritus from years of UAS. Here's a banjo ukulele that definitely deserves to be restored. It has a maple pot with little "port holes" all around to let the sound out. It is labeled "La Pacific," although it does not resemble any of the banjo ukes under that name that I've seen online. It bears a strong resemblance to a Gretsch Clarophone, although the port holes are black (pretty snazzy, if you ask me). The pot is about 8-1/2 inches in diameter and features a metal tone ring.

What's missing: Head, flesh hoop, three (3) J hooks and two (2) shoes, tailpiece, bridge and strings. (Regarding the missing flesh hoop: I was told by a luthier that he just uses soft, bendable metal wire and fashions it into a hoop; he doesn't even weld it closed. I never got around to trying this, but having headed a few drums, I could see that it would work.)

Photos here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterbutt/sets/72157646096487228/

Shipping will be ground, so cheap. Let me know your ZIP code and I'll calculate it for you. Payment by check, money order or PayPal gift preferred. If using regular PayPal, I'll split the fees.

Questions? Please PM me or email me directly at eightpaws (at) sbcglobal (dot) net.

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
Have you sold this yet? If not, consider it sold and send me payment instructions for zip code 50313, send to e-mail dmostrom@aol.com.

Is this sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom