Couple of new ukes for a couple of new ukers

SookeUke

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My wife and I decided to get a couple of ukes a few weeks back, thought it'd b a fun thing we can do together. We bought two off ebay in July and impatiently waited for them to arrive. Her's showed up first, a Rubin RT-301 in spruce/quilted ash. It's a tenor acoustic/electric. Fast forward a couple of weeks and my Tom TUT-200E, another tenor acoustic/electric, hadn't arrived...so today I went out and bought a Kala KA-TE from a local store :)

IMG_1216_zpsfadb67c8.jpg

Very cool. Now as they say you two can make beautiful music together. Enjoy

Two beauties, lookin forward to the vids of you both rockin out !

Thanks everyone, the ukes were 28th anniversary presents to ourselves :) It may take a while to get confident enough to post vids but I'm sure we'll get there :)

Howdy, and welcome to the best instrument and the best place to discuss it.

My wife and I took up watching reality TV and eating Doritos. I like your idea better.

Thanks everyone, the ukes were 28th anniversary presents to ourselves :)
What a wonderful anniversary gift to each other! Not just the ukes, but the idea that you that you both want to learn something new together while sharing each other's company. A renewal of your commitment to each other. :)

You didn't say where you are, but you should see if there are any uke groups in your area. I went to a nearby one this afternoon. It is so much fun to get together with a bunch of other players. And, hey, you guys already have a carpool happening.

Check out meetup.com.

Congrats! You both now have the perfect playing partner. I wish my wife enjoyed playing the uke.

Thanks for the welcomes, advice and comments folks :) I checked out meetups.com but no uke entries for Victoria BC. I do know some players and will start expanding that circle. The fireplace was a nice photo op but no, not a place to keep them :)

Today marks what would have been our 40th anniversary. Her first indication something was wrong, was also the last. It was quick and pain for less than 15 minutes. She was a classroom music teacher, and a trained vocal major. Music abounded in our house. She played the piano-organ-harp and sang.She long ago gave me the Giannini classical guitar she packed from clasroom to classroom. She knew my ukuleles and their sounds. she would ask for specific ones for the piece she played, or we sang as a duet.

Please....rather than apologize or say ,"we don't--we can't" have an attitude which looks forward, not backwards, or even for the present; to yourself; to each other, and to the rest of the world, just say "I/We have yet to be able to do that as well as we would like." You are building for the future. It will be filled with memories of the past. May they all be of efforts to succeed individually, and as husband and wife.

I wish my husband would play something, anything -- he is(was) a fabulous baritone player -- duets would be so fun.
Congrats and enjoy every minute of it.

Happy Anniversary (belated) and enjoy playing together! It is a blast. Your instruments look very nice!

Very cool post Bill... couldn't agree more.

rather than apologize or say ,"we don't--we can't" have an attitude which looks forward, not backwards, or even for the present; to yourself; to each other, and to the rest of the world, just say "I/We have yet to be able to do that as well as we would like." You are building for the future. It will be filled with memories of the past. May they all be of efforts to succeed individually, and as husband and wife.

Togetherness, togetherness, there shoud be more togetherness

I run a Ukulele meet up group. It's amazing how often the other half, be it husband or wife eventually get sucked in and start playing. They usually start out with one of my loan ukes then move up to one of their own. Yours are a great looking pair of ukes. I like the picture as well, with the reflection making it look like one of the ukes is in the fire.

When I checked my area only to find there were no meet up groups nearby, I accepted the invitation to start one. http://meetup.com/ukulelians That was over two years ago, the group now has over 200 members. Meet up is a very easy platform to use, it takes care of pretty much everything and folks were only to happy to chuck in a few dollars to cover the cost of joining. Can't imagine life without it now. If you choose to go that road I'd be happy to share my experiences, resources etc.

Top Bottom