2 birthdays, and my son's first uke!

pektel

Reaction score
Both my son and I had bdays recently (7/19 and 8/2). He turned 7 this year. I got another year older. He's been asking to learn like, but so far has only Had a "toy" soprano. Mahalo or something like that. He's wanted a "real one" like mine. So I picked up a used Luna Tattoo concert for him from another member here.

These photos are from the day he got it. He's in love, and now I have to learn to teach uke. Should be interesting. He's got the motivation, and a natural musician to begin with:

I got to hear a C chord for a long time...

Glad I'm getting him started early. :)

As for my bday... two of my best friends since childhood(both of whom play uke as well), along with our significant others got use of three cabins (my buddy's parents own them) on an island on lake Vermilion about an hour north of where I live. A weekend filled with relaxing, perfect company, perfect weather, and of course a LOT of time playing. Even started writing a song while we were up there. Here's few photos.of our adventure too.

Congrats -- sounds like two birthdays well spent.

Here's to many more.

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing story

I love seeing pics of people playing ukes in different settings. I'm going to search the forums now to see if there's a thread on just that here already :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom