PDA

View Full Version : Vintage banjo uke

Tommy B
08-18-2014, 07:03 PM
SOLD!
I'm continuing to clean out my closet after years of UAS accumulation. Here's another vintage maple banjo uke I found. Pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterbutt/sets/72157646129616667/

It looks like a Gretsch Clarophone with the closed back and the little port-hole soundholes all around the pot, although the port-holes are painted that snazzy black. The deco label on the head says "Luxor." This one is just about complete, with an intact skin head (looks like calf), all J hooks and shoes, and nice-looking tuners. The tailpiece looks shop-made, not original, but it's well done. Inside I found a handwritten inscription saying that the instrument was restored in the 1980s. The pot is about 8-1/2 inches in diameter.

I bought this a couple of years ago, removed some grungy strings and then never got around to replacing them. (I'm battling ADD along with UAS. :o) I have to look for the bridge, but for the sake of this listing I'm just going to say it's missing. So this little banjolele needs strings and a bridge, and then it should be good to go.

I'm asking ... + actual shipping. Payment by check, money order or PayPal gift preferred. If paying by regular PayPal, I'll split the fees with the buyer.

Please PM me or email me at eightpaws (at) sbcglobal (dot) net with questions. Thanks!

Tom

fynger
08-18-2014, 09:46 PM
very nice..................