NUD - Well, not mine sadly

Jon Moody

Reaction score
Had to share this video. My buddy, Pete Hilton (of Hilton Guitars) came to the office last Friday for a factory tour, as well as to show off prototype tenor ukulele #3 and let me play it. What a pretty uke, that sounds very nice and even across the board (even with two wound strings).

Enjoy.

That ukulele sounds very nice. It has some lovely dulcimer-like tones, which is a big plus. Nice playing as well, OBM! :cool:

Thanks! I was surprised at how well the two wound strings worked with the regular nylon strings. I may try this myself in the office and see/hear it in a different setting.

I'll have to post pictures, but the boss' friend found a ukulele in his house (I believe it was bought through an estate sale of some kind), and he brought it into the office for me to take a look at. It's a Gibson Style 1 Soprano from the late 20s/early 30s. Structurally it looks good, but cosmetically it's seen some better days. Plays nice though.

Really enjoyed your playing. The instrument is very nice with a good sound and a stand out look to it.

Very lovely sound and great job of showcasing it! Love the facial expressions you have as well.

Really enjoyed your playing. The instrument is very nice with a good sound and a stand out look to it.

Yeah, I was really impressed. In the bass world, Pete has apprenticed under and worked for Carl Thompson for many years and having seen the basses he builds, I knew any ukulele he built would be amazing. He's also talked to a couple of the legendary ukulele builders (he mentioned names but I've forgotten now), so many of his ideas are inspired from the classic designs, while staying true to what Pete wants tonally out of the uke.

Very lovely sound and great job of showcasing it! Love the facial expressions you have as well.

Thank you! And yes, my wife and kids love the faces I make while playing!

Nice sounding uke....you make playing it look so easy!

Top Bottom