PDA

View Full Version : Perfect First Ukulele buying experience!

KaijuEmily
08-19-2014, 05:35 AM
I just got my first Ukulele! I received my Ohana Sk-21M in the mail a few days ago! I know, there are better beginner ukes, but I want to learn on This One because Ive wanted her for so long! I got the last one Elderly.com had, and got the Ohana hard case at Wallys Music in Portland, OR. Awesome!!!
Then , like a fantasy come true:
My boyfriend picks up my Sopranino and declares that he did not think it was going to be so cool! And starts playing and singing perfectly out of nowhere. He claims he never played much, but watched his dad play the guitar. Wow! I was in utter shock!
He taught me how to play chords and how to hold it correctly the first night. Now I can barely keep it away from him! He joked that I should have gotten 2 ukes! Now he is thinking about getting himself a uke, but he is also looking into maybe a banjo or a mandolin.
I just about ripped his clothes off later! Lol!

PhilUSAFRet
08-19-2014, 03:28 PM
While it's small, that's a fine beginner's uke....much better than many ukes folks choose for their first. I heard one on YouTube and it looks like it's "fun"
I've been toying with the idea of a sopranino myself. Congrats and have fun learning how to play your new uke.

Nickie
08-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Congratulations on the Ohana! I don't think you can find a better beginner uke...I'm crazy about my Ohana!

(As for your boyfriend, and the ripping off of clothes, PM me later, okay? LOL)

BadLands Bart
08-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Congrats!!! Great story! lol

Steedy
08-22-2014, 08:18 AM
...I just about ripped his clothes off later! Lol!

Sadly, my playing and singing seem to have the exact opposite effect on the ladies. :rolleyes:

KaijuEmily
08-22-2014, 12:22 PM
We just had our 5 year anniversary, but I never knew he was musically inclined! He said "Oh im not very good..." Wow sounded pretty damn good to me! LOL!

BookwormAlex
09-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Ha! This is awesome! I read this and grinned from ear to ear! Best of luck to you with your new uke!

Ukejenny
09-03-2014, 03:13 AM
Well, that's just about the best "my first uke" thread I've read!!!

I love Ohana ukuleles - they are really good instruments. I think you made a great choice in your first instrument, and in your boyfriend as well. So cool that you've awakened the musician in him as well as in yourself. I hope you two are making lovely music together for years to come!