TEFPad or other app for creating tab?

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
I'm attempting my first arrangement, and trying to use TEFPad. (I didn't get the Pro version, thinking I shouldn't need it? I'm certainly not a Pro, LOL.)

I don't seem to be able to change the length of any individual note, (they all end up as 8th notes.) Does anyone know how to change this? I read this website:
http://www.tabledit.com/ios/helptp_e.shtml

But, I don't seem to be able to change the length of the notes. (Proving that I am a novice at this, LOL.)

Is there another (inexpensive) app that is easier to use? I'm trying to do this on an IPad.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

TY. This makes it seem like there really isn't a good option for an easy to use app?

'Easy to use' is a relative term but in general I agree. You can get it done, but overall I feel like this may be one area where the desktop excels over touch interface.

Any recommendations for desk top? Mine is very old, so I'm reluctant to spend too much money on something that I might lose if my computer decides it's too old to continue to function, and have to move to a newer operating system. But, any recommendations anyway for desk top? Can't hurt to look at the options.

I decided to give Tabular (for IPad) a try again. I had started to use it, and it seemed fairly easy to use, but then it just kept crashing. That was the free version, so maybe the paid version won't crash, (I hope.)

I'd rather spend my time playing ukulele, (or at least having fun trying), and not struggling with apps, but with the holiday weekend coming up, maybe I'll have a little extra time and can do both. :)

There is always the pencil and paper route, which I'm doing for the moment, but if I ever get my first attempt at arranging to a point where I could share it, pencil and paper won't work as well. I really appreciate everyone who shares their tab, and would like to contribute too!

Top Bottom