Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain concert

Osprey

Reaction score
Just bought two tickets to the Ukulele Orchestra of GB concert next Apr 19th at the UF Performing Arts Center in Gainesville. Just thought I would mention it in case someone else would like to go.
Cliff

Wish I was a little closer to Gainesville. Love that group.

I saw them last year-- one of the most entertaining concerts I have ever been to, of any kind!

That's about 8 hours away for us, but boy, would I love to go!!!

A while ago I was trying to raise funds and support for a project that I was running aimed at supporting relationships between children and their separated Fathers. The idea was that I arranged Uke lessons for the men so that they in turn could teach their children the basics and hopefully learn to play together. I approached literally dozens of famous Uke players, suppliers and manufacturers for help. The Ukulele Orchestra were one of the VERY few that even bothered to reply. The subsequent help they gave me was both generous and genuine. Not only are they fantastic entertainers, they are kind, helpful and have real respect for their fans. They deserve their success and I for one hope they continue to play together for years to come.

It is about a seven hr drive from Pensacola but about six or so from our Uke group are going to make a weekend out of it.

Top Bottom