Aquila String Question

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I want to restring a concert size Uke, 15 inch scale. I have an envelope of Aquila Nylgut strings marked "Ukulele," and 1A=Red, 2E=Blue, 3C=Green, and 4G=White. The individual string packets are marked with the colors. But, the number 4 packet, White, has two strings in it, one clear, and one heavier red string. I'm assuming that's for high/low G tuning? And, is the entire set marked "Ukulele" OK for the 15 inch scale of the concert Uke? Thanks for the help!

On the old Aquila sets, there are string descriptions on the back of the packet which were marked to indicate what they set was used for. That's how the they used to be printed and since I haven't used Aquila strings in the last 3 years, I don't know if they're still packaged or marked the same way.

The back of the envelope just has a description of what "Nylgut" is, and the color coding information. The front Just says "New Nylgut" and "Ukulele." In tiny letters I see "Model 06" on the edge of the back of the envelope. Can anyone tell me if these strings are OK for a concert sized instrument?

OK guys, my question is answered: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?35997-Using-soprano-strings-on-a-concert-ukulele

I see that the soprano/concert size issue is negligible. Incidentally, I searched on the forum before posting, and didn't see anything. But a Google search gave me a hit on the above forum thread on the first page.
I'm glad that you posted it, because it is good to know before I end up in a situation where I need to search to solve a problem.

Top Bottom