Metal Bracket for Stella Banjo Uke

Fleapluckin_Flapper

Reaction score
I'm still searching for the bracket that goes on the wooden coordinator rod and anchors the neck to the inside wall of the banjo pot-I've contacted several parts places and no luck. The banjo uke is from the 20's I believe. Or is there a way I can restore this without the bracket?

The wooden rod is usually known as a dowel stick, and the bracket is known as the neck brace, or sometimes the neck ferrule. They may be pretty hard to come by, as I don't know of too many builders making banjo ukes with dowel sticks these days, and sizing for a tenor or a five string may not work. You may need to locate a vintage one. Bernunzio Music sells vintage parts, and Jake Wildwood at Antebellum Music is the king of restoring vintage instruments, so he may be able to help you find a source. Good luck!

The photo shown is very close but would need to be smaller as it's a soprano sized uke......but it's the right idea! Rich,I contacted both leads you mentioned.....thank you so much. And to Fungusgeek,I'll check them out that lead too. Thank you all for your help!

Update: I contacted everyone who was suggested,and I'm told I would need to see a local machinist to custom make the part. Rather discouraging as I wouldn't even know where to begin on the design aside from sharing a photo & hoping the machinist could take it from there. Thanks to all who have helped here. Looks like it may be unplayable for awhile more.

Top Bottom