Some things I like .........

Jools1050

Reaction score
Ya know, one of the things I love about the ukulele and ukulele players is that people from all walks of life and abilities play it. Some of us record our attempts on the spur of the moment, some of us produce more refined results. Some of us are captured by friends and some of us play behind closed doors.
We have Mike Miragliuolo producing very professional videos, technically brilliant vocals and worthy of any playlist. We have keonepax , producing " heart on his sleeve " , " feel good " songs. We have a relatively new member, ukeyoungin, charming us with a little gem of a song. The list of talent is too long to be able to mention everybody, but I watch you all and I'm in awe of you.
I'm a purist and one person with one instrument , has major appeal to me. The bravery of opening your heart and letting us all see your efforts is not lost on me. I like to sing when playing too but I'm not brave enough to film myself doing it !! I'm ultra conscious of people watching me for some reason, maybe one day I will join you all and put some words to my tunes.
The funny thing about it is, I enjoy the rough diamonds as much as I enjoy the slickest sweetest performances that you peeps do. Take John Prine for eg, pure gravel voice and not what you would describe as technically brilliant, but when he sings, I feel like my heart is in a vice.
It's the same when I listen to you lot, we have the whole spectrum of skill levels, and they are all fantastic.
My hat is off to you all.

Well said Julian! I couldn't agree more! The ukulele community is packed full of rich & wonderful talent, that's for sure. One of the fabulous things I love is the sharing aspect, there's always someone ready to lend a hand.

Last edited:
Hi, Julian! I really appreciate your comments, and I agree about how nice it is to have so many different types of people with all their different styles sharing their love for the ukulele and music. With all the bad news coming in from all over the world, we need people to keep the good things going, like music, and hopefully add a little brightness to the world in our own way. So my hats off to you and everyone else! Keep it up!

Thanks for the kind words Julian. I love coming on here and checking out the new videos. Or when I go to YouTube and check my subscriptions and see a new video is waiting from one of my ukulele pals. It took me a while to work up the courage to sing and start posting videos but I'm glad I did. I'm having a lot of fun with it. This is a great group of people we have here. I'm sure if we got to hang out in person most of us would hit it off and have a blast playing music together. Here's hoping that will happen someday. Love you guys, that's right I said it. Haha! Keep the music coming.

Top Bottom