Beltona Fiberglass Resonator Uke, Black, Soprano

warndt

Reaction score
Beltona Fiberglass Resonator Uke, Black, Soprano

This uke was made by in New Zealand by Steve Evans of Beltona. These fiberglass ukes are 2/3 the weight of most metal resonator ukes. Steve uses a much lighter cone which together with the fiberglass, produces a very fine tone and projects a volume that will compete with other accompanying instruments...all without being amplified. The fiberglass is finished off in a tough high gloss automotive finish which is easily wiped off after each playing, keeping the uke always looking clean and sharp.

This uke is in pristine condition less one tiny small sliver in the wood finish where the neck joins the body. The wood is still all there...it just needs to be re-glued in underneath and touched up on the top finish. This is totally cosmetic and can easily be repaired by a luthier for approximately $35.00.

Plays nice and easy and sounds really great... whether strummed or finger-picked, aggressively loud or softly played.

1/3 the price of a National metal body resonator uke!

Comes with a concert size foam-shell case.
Beltona 001.jpgBeltona 002.jpgBeltona 003.jpgBeltona 004.jpgBeltona 007.jpg

$475.00 Shipped CONUS ONLY via USPS Ground

Last edited:
Hi,
my ukulele teacher says that your beltona is a really good instrument but that the "cone" of this kind of instrument is fragile. Is that part of your beltona in good condition?
second question : is it possible to send the ukulele to Belgium (Europe)?
Thank you,
Delphine h

Hi Delphine,
Thank you for the inquiry. Yes..the Beltona cone is very lightly built and therefore it is fragile. This in itself does not pose a problem, however, care should be taken to evenly load the cone when changing the strings. The cone on this ukulele is in good working order and, due to that light Beltona cone, it sounds fantastic.

I'll PM you regarding sales to Belgium.

Thanks!
William

Is the price correct at $45? That would be an amazing bargain.
I have a beltona uke. The cone is fragile like all resonator cones. But if you leave it alone and use the strings that have the tension it was designed for, the cone will last a long time. Also you can buy a new cone from the maker if you need one.

Hey Bill1...The price is correct, but it doesn't read $45.

Good info on the strings, I've always used Hilo Strings for this reso with no problems. Beltona recommends a LOW TENSION string for their resonator ukuleles.

For some reason my screen had $45 this morning and now it had 545.00 which is still probably a good price.
I only use Hilo strings now. I did try some others, but just before Steve went to the UK I had a trip to NZ and he gave the uke a check up and now it will stay with the Hilos. I have been playing tunes from Rob McKillops Spanish Baroque book on it, so it maybe more versatile than your average blues orientated resonator. It certainly is magic on a trip that involves aeroplanes or driving long distances.

Thanks Bill1 for the informative contributions...especially for those not yet familiar with the Beltona Reso-Ukulele.

Wm.

Top Bottom