anxiously anticipating...

UkerDanno

Reaction score
something coming via UPS...I hate those people who post "I ordered this", so I'm not going to do that.

Ever since I started playing the uke about 3 years ago, I've been staying pretty traditional, I think anyway. My first was a soprano laminate, then a concert, which I wish I still had, it was a Kala KA-Cem and was great! But, I felt the need for something "more", so bought a Martin C1K, which I still have and probably will for a long time. So, mahogany and Koa were the only way to go in my mind.

So, anyway...I wandered into a uke store a couple weeks ago and was trying a number of mainstream imports and stumbled upon a cedar top. Well, to my ears it was the most amazing thing in the store! Compared to solid Koas and mahoganys, it stood out big time. So...

My Kala tenor cedar top, Koa body is my best sounding uke.

The next uke I buy is gonna be a cedar-topped six-string I think. Long way off though.

Ohana for sure with ...............myrtle and Port Orford Cedar top. Howd I do howd I do, any prizes :nana:

Very nice....what kind of tuners are those? I'm waiting for Mim to bring me a couple of Ohanas (Ohani?) to check out in November at TBUG....
Ya gotta show us pix when it comes!

hopefully I don't have to wait as long as you, Dave!

not my uke, but...
fullfrontal.jpg
getting the pic's from Uke Republic, although that's not where I ordered it from...good pic's, Mike!

"Out for Delivery"

What a pleasant phrase.

Nice looking uke! Have you played one yet? Looking forward to your thoughts when you have it in hand.

I'm dyin' here...supposed to be delivered today and it's already 4 o'clock, nothing yet!

Very nice! I'll be interested to see an update after you've had a chance to really play it!

it's heeere...and it came before 6:00.
box.jpg
see my NUD post for more...

Top Bottom