FS: Pono AB w/ pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

seonachan

Reaction score
I've been going back and forth with myself about this for a while now, but it's time to face facts: I have too many instruments and baritone ukes just don't get my attention these days. So here for sale is a gorgeous Pono AB in near mint condition. It has an installed pickup, I'm guessing from the factory but I can't say for certain as I'm not the original owner.

I got this on eBay a while back and it arrived with some bad string buzzing. I had it adjusted and set up by a luthier and and it came back to life. I can get some strings to buzz on the 3rd fret if I strum them hard enough, but when I play normally there's no buzz. No issues otherwise, and no cosmetic flaws that I can see. The pickup works great too.

I'm asking $400 shipped. I don't have a case for it but I'll double-box with lots of padding. I do have a Kala deluxe paisley gig bag that I'm using for another instrument but I could part with it for extra cash.

I'm also open to trades, but right now the only thing I'm really after is a solidbody electric Pono (I would add cash to deal for one of those!)

Here's a video showing it first acoustic and then plugged in. I demonstrate the intonation at the 12th fret as well as some vigorous strumming at the 3rd fret to get it to buzz:

video sample

Thanks for looking!

pono1.jpgpono2.jpgpono3.jpgpono4.jpgpono6.jpg

Last edited:
Nice sounding sample ... you play quite well.

Bump and price reduction to $400 shipped CONUS (I'll ship beyond too - let me know where you are and I'll figure out a discounted shipping cost).

I just put some Ko'olau gold strings on it and it sounds lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom