Inlay Bits

ericchico

Reaction score
I could use some suggestions on inlay bits for my Dremel. Im always looking for the cheaper alternative but I know sometimes you have to break down and get the more expensive item. I found this site which seems like a good deal compaired to the other sites, http://www.micromark.com/4-piece-Fish-Tail-Router-Set,7458.html
Does anyone has a better source they could recommend?
I could also use some tips on using the smaller 1/32 bit if anyone wants to chime in. Does anyone ever use a 1/32 bit or just finish the pocket with a knife? Ive used my exacto in the past to get into the corners.

OK sorry folks...I have to start using the search engine more, found some end mill bits that seem to be even cheaper on the EBAY

I use the Best Carbide mills. Ebay is as cheap as anyplace for them. The ones I use are about $6. I use the 1/32 for almost all of my work. The only suggestion I have is not to get a longer cutting surface than you need. The longer the cutting surface the more they are prone to snapping off.

Last edited:
I use the Best Carbide mills. Ebay is as cheap as anyplace for them. The ones I use are about $6. I use the 1/32 for almost all of my work. The only suggestion I have is not to get a longer cutting surface than you need. The longer the cutting surface the more they are prone to snapping off.
Thanks! I have some on the way. I have a 1/16 that I have been using and the price I paid for it is embarrassing. Lesson learned research before not after. Oh and the Poor mans CNC is great.:D

Top Bottom