Zachary Castro

unlucky07

Reaction score
Ukes by Zachary Castro

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has heard of a Luthier named Zachary Castro who resides in Kapolei, Hawaii? I saw a listing for his Soprano Koa Ukuleles that I was interested in. His brand is called "Ohana Woodcrafts". If anyone has any info that would be great.

Last edited:
I guess i can finally answer my own question.

I answered a craigslist ad regarding a "solid Koa" uke made from Hawaii. I talked to the seller, his name was joe, and he started to tell me about these ukes his cousin are making. He's a luthier with a hawaiian ukulele company who is starting a business of his own. Long story short, I took the chance, and I have spent the whole night jamming on my new solid koa tenor.

The sound is amazing. Warm and bright at the same time. The koa looks beautiful, and the price is too good to be true, close to half of a comparable uke. I'll post a review of my new uke when I get back from San diego.

Contact information for him? He'd better be careful if he's going to call them "Ohana Woodcrafts" since that's pretty infringing on the Ohana brand...

Can't wait to see pictures and a review!

Congrats on your find! Looking forward to the review. Wanting a solid koa tenor made in Hawai'i + being poor might not suck if this guy's instruments are any good. :D

Contact information for him? He'd better be careful if he's going to call them "Ohana Woodcrafts" since that's pretty infringing on the Ohana brand...

Can't wait to see pictures and a review!

I am the Owner of Ukulele Emporium... Zachary Castro is on of the greatest ukulele Makers and wood workers I've met in my lifetime. ZACH CASTRO IS THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF OHANA UKULELE.. this is well established. He knows the owner of the Ohana brand in TAIWAN... They flat out STOLE his brand by taking the international patents of a brand Zach built many years earlier and is well documented with sponsored artists such as Justin Young, boyfriend of Colby Callait. I can prove all this and intend to hold Ohana Ukulele Liable for infringement.

What they did is typical pirate tactics we see. What they should have done is approachZach and say they want to expand the brand as they are an ukulele manufacturing plant in Taiwain looking for a "Hawaiian Name". They could have done the right thing and offered a licensing deal on Ohana Ukulele Brand. The owner admitted later to Zach that he DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT OHANA MEANT!!!

None of this is cool in my book and I intend to stand up for Zach publicly and legally as I have a law background.

Yes, Zach is my friend and a business associate. If you doubt me or have any questions CALL ME DIRECTLY at 808-213-6146 ext 1. This is SEAN TIWANAK of www.UkuleleEmporium.com

I welcome your direct call
Aloha, and Ohana Means "working together" or FAMILY
Ohana Ukulele is not family. They don't know the meaning of the word. Certainly not the spirit of Hawaii, Aloha and Ohana. Call me

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has heard of a Luthier named Zachary Castro who resides in Kapolei, Hawaii? I saw a listing for his Soprano Koa Ukuleles that I was interested in. His brand is called "Ohana Woodcrafts". If anyone has any info that would be great.

I am the Owner of Ukulele Emporium... Zachary Castro is on of the greatest ukulele Makers and wood workers I've met in my lifetime. ZACH CASTRO IS THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF OHANA UKULELE.. this is well established. He knows the owner of the Ohana brand in TAIWAN... They flat out STOLE his brand by taking the international patents of a brand Zach built many years earlier and is well documented with sponsored artists such as Justin Young, boyfriend of Colby Callait. I can prove all this and intend to hold Ohana Ukulele Liable for infringement.

What they did is typical pirate tactics we see. What they should have done is approachZach and say they want to expand the brand as they are an ukulele manufacturing plant in Taiwain looking for a "Hawaiian Name". They could have done the right thing and offered a licensing deal on Ohana Ukulele Brand. The owner admitted later to Zach that he DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT OHANA MEANT!!!

None of this is cool in my book and I intend to stand up for Zach publicly and legally as I have a law background.

Yes, Zach is my friend and a business associate. If you doubt me or have any questions CALL ME DIRECTLY at 808-213-6146 ext 1. This is SEAN TIWANAK of www.UkuleleEmporium.com

I welcome your direct call
Aloha, and Ohana Means "working together" or FAMILY
Ohana Ukulele is not family. They don't know the meaning of the word. Certainly not the spirit of Hawaii, Aloha and Ohana. Call me

Congrats on your find! Looking forward to the review. Wanting a solid koa tenor made in Hawai'i + being poor might not suck if this guy's instruments are any good. :D

Zach Castro is one of the Greatest Ukulele and woodworkers I've had the honor to meet and work with in my Lifetime. HE is the ORIGINAL owner and CREATOR of the OHANA UKULELE BRAND... If you want to learn more call me direct at 1-808-213-646 ext 1. This is Sean Tiwanak owner of www.UkuleleEmporium.com in Kapolei, Hawaii. Zach is a person friend and business associate. I can give you full details if you are interested. His talent in phenomenal. Google me also : Sean Tiwanak. I am also sponsored by KoAloha Ukulele and there are videos of me you can watch.

Contact me anytime,
Aloha,
Sean K Tiwanak
UkuleleEmporium.com
1-808-213-6146 ext 1

Top Bottom