Humidifiers for my uke case

KaijuEmily

Reaction score
I have seen alot of variety when looking at humidifiers for my uke hard case. Can someone enlighten me on the pros and cons of the different designs? I really dont want to buy one that might damage my uke or my case in the long term?

My thoughts so far are that I didnt really trust the kind that hang from the strings down into the sound hole. But what do I know?
( My case is also the super small sopranino size deluxe hardcase. )

Oh yeah! Can humidifiers damage a wooden hard case? Or work differently depending on if its a wood or plastic case??

I have tried several humidifiers, the Herco, Oasis, and Humistat. You can see my comparison review if you scroll down on this page: http://www.westsideukes.com/uke-talk-and-reviews/
The quick answer is I like the Oasis, because the gel beads mean no water leaks, and of the easy-to-see system that indicates when it is time to refill. Time flies, so having the thing crinkle up when dry is a great reminder that it needs refilling.
I have used them on all kinds of ukes in many different types of cases. I have had no problems. I use the case Humidifier OH6 because I don't like fussing with the "hanging-by-the-strings" design. I like to pick up and put down the uke several times during the day, and it is easier if the humidifier is just always sitting in the case, instead of needing to have the string hanger used.

–Lori

Since the humistat lets out excessive moisture, is it too much rh for a soprano or sopranino sized case?

Also trying to find the smallest hygrometer I can.
Not entirely sure if one is going to fit in my sopranino case....

All my ukuleles are cased when not played.

I have a Herco Humidifier in one concert case.

I have a Dampit cello one in a case housing a soprano vintage ukulele that is very dry. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/orchestral-strings/dampit-cello-humidifier I just lay it on top or to the side of the strings. Has helped to reduce buzzing when playing.

Every other ukulele is cased with a pill box with holes punched in the top and a damp better quality paper towel folded inside.

My newest was ordered with the Oasis upgrade option from HMS.

I have a Sunday humidifier refill routine.

My house is really humid. In fact, I am running a dehumidifier in the main part of the house right now. But I have no worries it will dry the air too much, it just contributes to a tolerable comfort level, much like the AC.

Last edited:
oasis, that's all that needs to be said.

Top Bottom