Recommended electric acoustic ukulele?

Mike7300

Reaction score
I am new to ukulele, i play guitar normally. I would like buy a ukulele to play a couple songs on it per show, to change things up. Hey Soul Sister by Train is the first song i want to try on it.

Any recommendations on ukes i can plug in? Thanks

Epiphone do a good solid official Les Paul Concert Ukulele if you like that sort of thing. Or Fender do a couple but they are a little more expensive

One thing you have to think of though is do you want an electric acoustic or a solid body electric? Then as a guitarist do you want Nylon or Steel strings? And of course how much do you want to pay? (then what scale? do you want it to look like a ukulele or more electric guitarish and so on)

seems like an epiphone les paul is a standard inexpensive choice. I got to play a couple unplugged for the first time at a sam ash last friday (business trip to FL, never been in a samash before). A nice playable uke. Used to be 99usd, now they go for 129usd.

I am new to ukulele, i play guitar normally. I would like buy a ukulele to play a couple songs on it per show, to change things up. Hey Soul Sister by Train is the first song i want to try on it.

Any recommendations on ukes i can plug in? Thanks
you can plug in any uke with a pick up, and like with guitars, you get what you pay for. If you are a pro and are going to play it on stage, you are going to want one with good electronics, which cost more than many ukuleles do. first thing to decide is your size. A lot of performers play a tenor. this is a nice uke for the price used here in the marketplace with a good pick up,[h=2]mainland tenor mahog slot head w/misi[/h] but we really need to know your price range to be more helpful.

Last edited:
seems like an epiphone les paul is a standard inexpensive choice. I got to play a couple unplugged for the first time at a sam ash last friday (business trip to FL, never been in a samash before). A nice playable uke. Used to be 99usd, now they go for 129usd.

They are better if you change the strings from the ones they come with, (which isn't to say the ones they come with are that bad but they are a bit heavy and dead)

Top Bottom