FS-Semi hollow steel string electric

thistle3585

Reaction score
I built this uke for my son quite a few years ago but he has switched to guitar. There are a few scratches and wear due to normal use. This is not a new, bright and shiny instrument.

Steel string tenor Ukulele. Semi hollow mahogany body, walnut top, very tight curly mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, volume and tone control, single coil pickup, corian nut and truss rod in neck. $325 plus shipping. Access rigid foam case add $40.

More photos at http://www.crossroadswood.com/forsale.html

Attachments

• uke 001.jpg
    uke 001.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 128
Okay. Here is a photo with that info. There are additional photos on my website.

Attachments

• uke 1005 copy.jpg
    uke 1005 copy.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 82
Not to be a pain but we need an actual piece of paper with your name written on it in a picture with the uke. We don't know that your not someone who isn't just using Jerman pictures to sell a uke you don't really own.

Okay. I'm not trying to be a pain either but there are two links to my website with the instrument on my website which clearly identifies me as the builder and owner of the website. Is that not sufficient? I could see if it was linked to a craigslist ad or ebay ad.

The instrument is at my home, so I will need to take a photo and repost it this evening.

Sorry but that is one of the forum selling rules and it seems many, many are not following it. Anyone could post pictures and links to websites. I'm just a careful person.

Just my 2¢ - it pays to be careful, but maybe a little too careful in this case. There is a big difference with folks posting for the first time or single digit posts and a builder with their own web site and business.

The picture thing is a guideline "to increase the chances of selling", not a rule. Per the actual forum rules thread:
8) Marketplace - Buying and Selling:
If you wish to sell anything in the Marketplace, providing the following in your post is a good idea:

A picture or pictures of the actual ukulele being sold, not a stock photo of the model;
The reason you are selling the instrument;
Your price and terms (shipping and handling, etc.).

To increase the chances of selling your ukulele, you may also provide the following:

A video and/or audio sample of the ukulele being being sold;
A time-stamped picture with "Ukulele Underground" and your username written on a piece of paper in front of the ukulele.

Another suggestion - trying to sell something in one of your first posts is generally frowned upon, and may result in a more difficult sale. Members may request additional pictures and time-stamps from new members. Remember, YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY ANYTHING IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT BUYING IT.

All that being said, the above suggestions are not rules. They are guidelines. Including the above in your post will greatly increase the chances of selling your ukulele, but if you choose not to include them, you will not be penalized by UU. Rules to follow below.

There are three Marketplace rules:

Please do not post links or otherwise direct people to your eBay auction. This subsection is intended for member-to-member transactions only, sans middle man. If you would like to announce your eBay auction, please do so in the Links and Videos subsection.
Dealers may not post in the Marketplace. If you wish to start a thread about your business, you may do so in the Links and Videos subsection.
Certain items are unsuitable for trade through UU. The following are prohibited and may not be mentioned, even in hints or code, in the context of trading on this forum:
> weapons (including, but not only, firearms, knives, bows/crossbows, stun guns and martial arts weapons)
> drugs or medicines
> any item the trading/selling of which is subject to legal regulation or control, including items such as tortoiseshell, wood, and other things covered by the CITES convention.

Well, I do not know this person. How do I know they are not posting a link to a site they don't own. I do not creep around the forums, I'm too busy playing. There is no actual name associated with the thistle3583 account that I can see. I don't see the harm in asking especially if I'm very interested in the item in question.

Just my 2¢ - it pays to be careful, but maybe a little too careful in this case. There is a big difference with folks posting for the first time or single digit posts and a builder with their own web site and business.

Well, if you don't trust 'thistle3583' you could go to the web site and use the contact form there. Then you'll know you're dealing with Jerman, right? I don't know Andrew either but if you peruse the web site and his posting history here, I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

Andrew has been a long time contributing member here, especially in the luthier's lounge forum.
I'd buy this from him, if I didn't already have a nice steel string uke. :)

Well, I do not know this person. How do I know they are not posting a link to a site they don't own. I do not creep around the forums, I'm too busy playing. There is no actual name associated with the thistle3583 account that I can see. I don't see the harm in asking especially if I'm very interested in the item in question.

Now I am just being a pain. Yes, there is a name associated with my account. It comes up on my signature line in every post I make, which is above my website address, as well as in my bio. I'm not sure why I'm getting picked on here. Did I do something to warrant this type of action? Very few of the ads that I looked through have the information that you are asking me to provide but you're not calling them out. For what its worth, the people that were very interested in it went to my website and emailed me directly asking questions about it. I have agreed to send it to a potential buyer, with no deposit and not knowing him, so that he can play it for a couple days. So, if I am a crook then I'm a stupid one.

By the way, I notice that you don't have a name associated with your account either. So, how would I know as a seller that you weren't scamming me?

Last edited:
I've usually found that if there are any questions about validity, especially if someone is actually interested in the item, they generally will PM the owner, not call them out on the open thread.

For crying out loud. I didn't "call" anybody out! I made a simple request and stated that others are not posting the member picture either. Sigh ):

Here's my perspective on this. My thread, that is right MY thread, has been derailed because we had to enter in to a debate over listing protocols. I could understand it if you had indicated the least bit of interest in the instrument, but you didn't. Instead, a bunch of people got in to the mix and the instrument for sale was never discussed. The thread became a side show. Again, out of the dozen or so ads I looked at, only a few had the info that you were saying I had to have, but no one said anything on those threads about that. Not a single one of those threads were derailed. Mine was. Two pages of off topic dialog that people will have to sort through just to ask me a question about my instrument. How is that fair to me or someone actually interested in the instrument?

Andrew is an outstanding luthier. i now have the instrument on approval. No complaints here. In fact, I think we need to support this guy. Great builder.

Top Bottom