Cocobolo Ukuleles and Elderly Instruments

Cocobolo Ukuleles

Reaction score
Hello all,

We are proud to now be working with Elderly Instruments in Lansing, Michigan. They run a tight ship on their new instrument inspections, but we passed with flying colors!

Check out the email that I received from Ray Aleshire, their Purchasing Department Manager:

Hi Kevin –

Very nice! Everyone here was drawn towards them, just as I think customers will be. They are very distinctive and sound pretty darn good too. Both passed the shop inspection - they were right at our specs for string action (a rarity from most small makers). The fretwork was fine all around. That is also a rarity; we usually do not see that right off the bat. When I told people the price they were even more impressed.

I think they will move fairly quickly -- they are very attractive instruments at a really good price. Uke collectors like different, and they certainly are unique. Consensus thumbs way up!

Thanks much for contacting us. We look forward to working with you.

Regards,

Ray Aleshire
Purchasing Department Manager
Elderly Instruments
1100 N Washington Ave
Lansing, MI 48906

Take a look at the two ukuleles on their webpage. Pictures coming soon:

http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/COCO1.htm

http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/COCO2.htm

Also, I have attached a few pictures that I took before I sent them.

Attachments

• P1030972.jpg
    P1030972.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 53
  • P1030979.jpg
    P1030979.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 45
  • P1030978.jpg
    P1030978.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 40
  • P1030980.jpg
    P1030980.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 41
Ukulele Place, thank you for your encouragement. When do you want me to send a couple to Australia? :)

Patrick, our tenor design is in the works. Hopefully they will available within the next 3 months or so. I will definitely keep you posted.

Ukulele Place, thank you for your encouragement. When do you want me to send a couple to Australia? :)

Patrick, our tenor design is in the works. Hopefully they will available within the next 3 months or so. I will definitely keep you posted.

Hi Kevin,

Yeah I'd definitely like to stock some of your cocobolo ukes in the near future :)
I'll be in touch when I'm next revising my product line

Cheers,
Jack

Sounds great Jack. I have already had several customers from Australia. I think that our ukes would do very well there. People seem to be drawn to the unique look and great sound of our ukuleles. I look forward to hearing back from you :)

Congrats on joining Elderly! I'm anxious to try out one of your beautiful ukes!

Thank you Nickie! I just sent Elderly a couple more yesterday, so hopefully they will arrive in time for you to try them out. Once you have the chance to play one in person you will have to share your thoughts with the UU community. I look forward to you helping us get the word out! :)

Top Bottom