Conversation Between keonepax and Ronnie Aloha

5 Visitor Messages

1. Hi, Ronnie! Happy New Year! Hope all is going well with you and that you had a nice holiday season. I had a pretty long winter break, but school's starting up again tomorrow, so it's back to work for me.

Take care,

John
  2. John
    Shinnen akemashite omedetou gozaimasu!
  3. "Enter to Learn, Go Forth to Serve"

For some reason I have always remembered that mantra from reading it on my dad's 1941 class ring. I was probably 10 years old when I saw it and have never forgotten it.

I taught out there too. I was teaching at some of the largest corps/govt agencies in Japan. I was recruited there out of MBA school. It was perfect since I had wrote a thesis on the then popular "Theory Z" so I was able to learn a lot about Japanese business practices.

Don't get out there often at all. The last time I was there might have been five or six years ago.

Ronnie
  4. Hi, Ronnie! I've been teaching English here in Japan for a long time. I currently work at 4 different universities on a part-time basis at each school. Do you ever visit Japan sometimes?

I'm actually a Farrington (class of '74 grad). I taught at McKinley High School for a year and a half before moving to Japan. I got the McKinley t-shirt from my sister-in-law, who worked as a librarian at McKinley for many years! Unfortunately, I don't have a Farrington t-shirt, but I would wear it proudly!

Take care and have a great weekend!

- John
  5. John,

What do you do in Yokohama? I lived in Yokkaichi and Meguro a long, long time ago.

Are you a McKinley grad? I see you wearing the shirt sometimes in your video. I'm a Castle 78.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5