Looking for Ken Timms Soprano

He puts it up for auction on eBay. That pretty much determines a fair price. Don't know if he has a "Buy It Now" price before the first bid is entered, but a few cycles ago, it was pretty close to the final auction price.

I have a Ken Timms ukulele for sale, as-new. Message me if interested.
I've put some photos in a Google album here:
It's a vintage Martin style 0 in dark mahogany with 4:1 ratio retro-look pegheads, from 2015.
Condition: as-new, only played a handful of times so zero wear.
Hi
Just joined this forum and noticed your selling you Ken Timms.
Could you let me know what £ your looking for please. I am literally looking at the one on ebay, not bid on it yet as I have just seen yours.
If you could come back to me asap please.
Cheers
Jon

I have a Timms for sale. It is a style 0 soprano made of Sinker mahogany in March 2021. It has had very little play and is in as new condition - £500 shipped in the original box (no case) to UK address only. I don't want the hassle of overseas shipping.

It is the lighter coloured of this group. Also in the picture are my Ken Timms Cuban mahogany and Martin style1. They are not for sale.

Attachments

• Timms x 2 + Martin = 06-09-'21.jpg
    Timms x 2 + Martin = 06-09-'21.jpg
    739.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I have a Timms for sale. It is a style 0 soprano made of Sinker mahogany in March 2021. It has has had very little play and is in as new condition - £500 shipped in the original box (no case) to UK address only. I don't want the hassle of overseas shipping.

It is the lighter coloured of this group. Also in the picture are my Ken Timms Cuban mahogany and Martin style1. They are not for sale.
If I didn't already have two, I'd bite your hand off John!

"If I didn't already have two, I'd bite your hand off John!"

But then I wouldn't be able to play my other ukes!:(

I have a Timms for sale. It is a style 0 soprano made of Sinker mahogany in March 2021. It has had very little play and is in as new condition - £500 shipped in the original box (no case) to UK address only. I don't want the hassle of overseas shipping.

Message sent about this.

Hi John
Did you buy the Ken Timms brand new.
What's the condition of the Ukulele.

I notice you have another Timms in Cuban mahogany any reasons why your selling this one apart from the Cuban been more collectable.

Thanks
Jon

Hi Jon Bloor,

Both my Timms ukes are lovely instruments, but I could not sell the Cuban as it has a very - erm - interesting history. The photo I posted shows that it does not carry a label. It was badly damaged during the finishing process and Ken very kindly sent it to me with a huge split, almost the length of one side. There was a thread, back in 2019, describing how I tackled the repair. I call it the 'Bootleg' Timms as it has no number, no label, and thus no provenance.

The repair is virtually invisible, and the uke plays splendidly (as they all do), but it means more to me than the meager price I would get if I were to offer it for sale.

The Sinker mahogany Timms has now been sold and will soon be on its way to the new owner.

Reactions: EDW
Hi Jon Bloor,

Both my Timms ukes are lovely instruments, but I could not sell the Cuban as it has a very - erm - interesting history. The photo I posted shows that it does not carry a label. It was badly damaged during the finishing process and Ken very kindly sent it to me with a huge split, almost the length of one side. There was a thread, back in 2019, describing how I tackled the repair. I call it the 'Bootleg' Timms as it has no number, no label, and thus no provenance.

The repair is virtually invisible, and the uke plays splendidly (as they all do), but it means more to me than the meager price I would get if I were to offer it for sale.

The Sinker mahogany Timms has now been sold and will soon be on its way to the new owner.
Thanks for the update, if by chance the sale does not go through, let me know.

Thanks
Jon

There are way too many Jons/Johns involved in this conversation 😁
Hi
Just to put it out there if any one knows of a Ken Timms for sale in the UK could you let me know and post please, It would be much appreciated.
Thanks for the two John's efforts, unfortunately I missed out on the two they had for sale.
👍

If someone calls out, "John!" in a crowded room, a dozen blokes will turn around.

I once went to a meeting where everyone was asked what was their first name. A nice lady then wrote out a name tag for you to wear. I told her my name was Clint. I was Clint for a day.

Fortunately her writing was very neat and clear.

Last edited:
If someone calls out, "John!" in a crowded room, a dozen blokes will turn around.

I once went to a meeting where everyone was asked what was their first name. A nice lady then wrote out a name tag for you to wear. I told her my name was Clint. I was Clint for a day.

Fortunately her writing was very neat and clear.
😂

At one point, we had three Ricks, three Susans, and two Georges in our club. Often we all came to the same meetings.

About..........?
I'm no Timm's expert, but what I've seen always have the short fretboard, not extending over the body. No telling what can be counterfeited.
About 20 years ago, I had to tell someone their treasured Martin D-45 they bought overseas was a phony. While the 'Martin' inlay on the headstock didn't look quite as neat as it should have- the real telltale was the laminated soundboard!

Last edited:
Top Bottom