Building a dreadnaught guitar

That's a very nice looking guitar! I especially like how the woodgrain on the back curves with the body shape; plus that silking on the top is just beautiful. Congrats!

You have a good eye Clear. Picking the back from the on line supplier showed a good picture so I went with that. The top I saw in person of course and even in the raw you could see all the silking, it covers the entire top

Wow! So amazing and beautiful. We would love to hear a sound sample sometime. Congrats Dave!

Amazing my friend ... you didn't tell me you had a post going here! Such a great job.

Amazing my friend ... you didn't tell me you had a post going here! Such a great job.

Thanks Simon, I wanted to surprise you in person, but that didn't work out, lol. We'll have to get together, bring your saxaphone. This post is so not ukulele, sorry folks 😔

Dave, thanks for sharing your build. I’m very impressed with your skills, dedication and patience. It’s always amazing to see a pile of wood turn into a beautiful guitar or ukulele. What an experience to work in Luis‘ shop with him instructing you!

I have to ask… Will there be another build to come soon?

Dave, thanks for sharing your build. I’m very impressed with your skills, dedication and patience. It’s always amazing to see a pile of wood turn into a beautiful guitar or ukulele. What an experience to work in Luis‘ shop with him instructing you!

I have to ask… Will there be another build to come soon?

Hey Hodge thanks for the nice compliments. Luis was a pleasure to work with and we had a lot of fun together. This is my best looking sounding and playing guitar, I couldn't be happier.

Doing this project during the winter was a great way to keep occupied during our cold snowy months up here. If I do build another one it would be during the winter again. This coming winter of 23/24 will probably see us traveling to a warm climate so that time frame doesn't seem possible. But I did order a back and side set of Honduran mahogany at the same time I got the rosewood. An OM in spruce and mahogany is possible sometime in the future.

It’s absolutely stunning, Dave, congratulations! What a great thread, so lovely to see the build take shape, thank you for sharing it with us.

Thanks so much for taking the time to check this out Victoria. Hope everything is well with you and yours across the pond

Reactions: TBB
Top Bottom