season 588 - an australian selection

An original whimsy that sort of arrived as soon as I saw the seasons subject. About 2008 I bought a didgeridoo from a safari Park gift shop. Largely neglected it , got a drone going but can't do the circular breathing thing . Since the missus buggered off in sept I have been determined to have a went at it and then blow me this season cfops up, ideal !! So you get a tune thas sort of Australian....in flavour a bit like the Discworld novel The Last Continebt..... I really ca't see anything now as I need lasing in the eyed...sothis is going to be my last effort for a while .Cheerst

TO HER DOOR - Paul Kelly

I'll admit that I'd never heard of Paul Kelly till this season, and this is the only song of his that I've heard, but you can bet I'll listen to more. Thanks for introducing me to his music Brian.

some of the artists in the list are real favs of mine - others not so much - i tried to have a gender balance and have a bunch that would deliver songs that seasonistas liked enough to give a went if they went searching - they also had to be born here - australian music has a habit of claiming artists as australian despite not always being so

some of the artists in the list are real favs of mine - others not so much - i tried to have a gender balance and have a bunch that would deliver songs that seasonistas liked enough to give a went if they went searching - they also had to be born here - australian music has a habit of claiming artists as australian despite not always being so
An example might be our friend Wendy Keilin. (...and Eric Bogle)

took longer to get a second page than any season i can remember but we're moving along ok now
i will say that Jon's brilliant backsliders bring has pleased me big time and Jim brought the oils and an overload of Kasey from TCK and all the other contributions of course - i do hope tones and i gets a went

took longer to get a second page than any season i can remember but we're moving along ok now
i will say that Jon's brilliant backsliders bring has pleased me big time and Jim brought the oils and an overload of Kasey from TCK and all the other contributions of course - i do hope tones and i gets a went
I was going down the list of artists, listening to see what struck me and Tones and I completely dropped my jaw. I had heard Dance Monkey plenty enough and usually don't pay attention or even change the station... but when I came across her acoustic stuff. Ho-lee (insert curseword).

I've been working on one, but I definitely won't do it much justice. She's got a voice!!!

Here's a Bob Dylan song that The Seekers covered on their 1965 album "A World Of Our Own". I thought about doing this earlier in the week, but decided it was a bit too obvious. However, I went to the pub after work today, and after a beer or three it suddenly seemed like a good idea. I sing this one in the hope that one day it will come true. Or, at the very least, that I never become a target for the lyrics...

Mark one down for Tones and I!
Here's my much more mellow attempt at the acoustic version of 'Eyes Don't Lie.'

I decided I'm okay with a brain fart on a line here or there and a couple slightly missed chord changes. Perhaps an unseasoned'nista entry, but I'll take it as a stepping stone.

Thanks for hosting and exposure to more new and amazing music!

Even though Sia is from Australia, she is helping to take on some of the Goliath-sized problems facing the USA.
Here is a message she released last month on her YouTube channel:

Top Bottom