New limited edition for 2014

1. Captain America
    Captain America
    I've heard the company's got a top-bottom-side Koa laminate for 2014.

Not sure if I'm keen on laminate stuff: I'm at a point where I'm thinking that life is too short for bad beer. . . and non all-solid wood guitars and ukes.

I drink German beer and strum all-solid.
  2. Osprey
    Osprey
    I am a rookie just bought my first ukulele a few months ago (Kala Exotic Mahogany Tenor). I am not unhappy with it as it was my introduction to playing a stringed instrument and it has a pretty decent tone. However, I can appreciate the unique sounds that different solid woods bring into the game. Would a laminate with Kia sound different then a laminate mahogany if the construction is the same? My next ukulele will be solid wood.

I prefer English style ales
    Cliff
  3. Osprey
    Osprey
    Oops, Kia should be Koa
  4. Captain America
    Captain America
    I think you should go with solid wood. There's in my life a point and a place, though, for laminate: this is for ukes you might crash around---leave on the porch swing all afternoon, or at someone's house, or to go camping with. I'm, heck, planning to buy a long-neck Kala soprano and it's laminate: inexpensive and fun stuff. But solid wood ukes' price differential isn't that much, so I think it's worth going the extra hundred and getting solid.
  5. Osprey
    Osprey
    I agree, I do want to go with solid wood next uke. I am thinking of a cedar or spruce top.
    Cliff
  6. Osprey
    Osprey
    Deleted by poster