What do you play?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. bassfiddlesteve
    bassfiddlesteve
    I also play upright bass, electric bass (4 string fretted & fretless, 5 string and Kala U-Bass) and acoustic guitar.
  2. Lalz
    Lalz
    Hello! I used to play a bit of castanets and kora when I was younger. Now I'm getting back to playing kora a bit and starting to learn mbira and glockenspiel. I'd love to learn the jeli ngoni too (4 strings hehe!), but they're hard to get a hold of. Otherwise I play electronic stuff but I guess that doesn't count ;-)
    Update: just started playing the surdo. Lots of fun!
    Update #2: does tap-dancing count?
    Update #3: add marching snare and drum kit, remove glockenspiel.
  3. JustLovely
    JustLovely
    I play ukulele, autoharp, and bell kit. At least I try to!
  4. Pippin
    Pippin
    I play acoustic guitar, bass, harmonica, bow psaltery, renaissance flute, pennywhistle, recorder, keyboard, various percussion instruments & hand drums.
  5. myrnaukelele
    myrnaukelele
    I play upright bass, guitar, mandolin, banjo uke, soprano uke and baritone uke.
  6. Tootler
    Tootler
    I play Recorders - all sizes sopranino to bass plus contrabass, anglo concertina, harmonica, wooden flute & whistle.

Oh.....! and ukulele
  7. Ukeval
    Ukeval
    my main instrument is lute (and lute family : vihuela, renaissance guitar, theorbo, baroque lute and baroque guitar).
    romantic guitar (on original instruments)
    dulcimer
    little harp (diatonic)
    nose-flute
    diatonic accordion
    five strings home made banjo, banjoleles
    and ukuleles...
  8. k0k0peli
    k0k0peli
    My first string instrument was a mountain dulcimer -- I use to build those. For the last five decades I've mostly been an acoustic guitarist, although I also own jazz, rock, bass, cigar-box, and Hawai'ian electrics. My other lutes: banjo, mandolin, uke, banjo-mandolin, banjo-uke, and two Cümbüş o'uds, one each fretted and unfretted).

Recorders, pennywhistles, bagpipe chanters and ocarinas: I'm terrible there. I tried trombone but do better with conch shells, shofar, and trumpazoo. I diddle a couple kalimbas and pound on bodhran and tabla. I've started noodling on an East German concertina, and I have a few keyboard synths (analog & digital) but I'm no keyboardist. A melodica should arrive this week.

Ah, mouth organs. Blues harp for 50 years, sure, but also chromatic, orchestra, and twin-reed (echo and octave) harmonicas too. They're always with me.

I seem to have lots of ethnic percussion and noisemakers scattered about the house too. Guess I'm an instrument junkie.
  9. maki66
    maki66
    Hello everyone.
    I play Anglo concertina and tin whistle, neither very well.
    I own PA accordion, A two row diatonic button accordion,
    a couple of Irish style concert flutes, ocarinas, but I can't play them.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12