Just curious...

Lalz

Reaction score
...has any EU retailer picked up the new KoAlanas yet? I only see them on the HMS and Baan websites.

I know HMS is the exclusive seller in the US but I haven't seen KoAlanas being sold in other parts of the world other than US and Thailand.

I'm not on the market for a new uke btw, just curious about this. KoAlohas and KoAlanas are so beautiful, it'd just love to be able to stare at more pictures of them on the internet and maybe get to see one of them in the flesh some day, hehehe. :eek:

Last edited:
There's a Koaloha shortage in general in Euroland right now, and the website being down so that you can't check authorized dealers doesn't help. Maybe Baan and HMS are the only ones with Koalanas. :(

True, on european sites I've only seen KoAlohas being sold at Southern Ukulele Store and Musique83 and maybe one more I don't remember. You're right, HMS and Baan probably are the only ones to sell KoAlanas. Maybe there will be more after NAMM?

There's a bit of a shortage of high-definition pictures of KoAlanas too. I wish people would post more of them. Please people, post more of them!

IIRC, HMS bought the entire first run of new Koalanas, some 600 units. That would make them the only Koalana dealer in the world, at least for now...

IIRC, HMS bought the entire first run of new Koalanas, some 600 units. That would make them the only Koalana dealer in the world, at least for now...

i remember seeing that Baan Ukulele in Thailand was selling them as well, even before HMS got their shipment. My guess is HMS got the all those earmarked for the US, while Baan got the Asian market (perhaps the rest of the world market).

Ah yes, that's right I remember now, they're the 3rd one. I think that's pretty much it over here.

Yah, 600 units to the USA, and HMS got them all according to MGM in this video from Oct. 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WLeb-O478nk#!

Yeah, HMS got the entire US stock, but it's unclear if anyone else bought a stock elsewhere. Baan sells them too but that's because they are the manufacturers.

Aloha Lalou,

024.jpg

028.jpg

Thanks Stan! :)
Mind if I drool all over your pictures? :drool:

There's a bit of a shortage of high-definition pictures of KoAlanas too. I wish people would post more of them. Please people, post more of them!

OK. I just started a Koalana Picture thread.

Last minute decision to visit Thailand. Spur of the moment idea to tour some malls. Incidental find of a ukulele shop on the 3rd floor (Baan). Happenstance noticing the funny white dot not filled in as per the usual KoAlana headstock. Played it and fell in love.

AND to top it all off, the girls at the front desk gave me a discount on a hard case *and* a little discount on the ukulele so the total purchase was $341 for the beautiful Koalana soprano uke + standard black hard case + free Herb Ohta Jr. "Ukulele Breeze" CD thrown in.

My only frame of reference are laminate starter Ukes purchased at guitar center, so I can't contribute much in the way of a review but I can tell you it that I've been playing it non-stop since getting it and can't get enough! Wow...

I follow Baan on tumblr, and they seem to be good people. What a find to just happen to wander in to a shop with great ukes! Why don't these things happen to me?? :)

Last minute decision to visit Thailand. Spur of the moment idea to tour some malls. Incidental find of a ukulele shop on the 3rd floor (Baan). Happenstance noticing the funny white dot not filled in as per the usual KoAlana headstock. Played it and fell in love.

AND to top it all off, the girls at the front desk gave me a discount on a hard case *and* a little discount on the ukulele so the total purchase was $341 for the beautiful Koalana soprano uke + standard black hard case + free Herb Ohta Jr. "Ukulele Breeze" CD thrown in.

My only frame of reference are laminate starter Ukes purchased at guitar center, so I can't contribute much in the way of a review but I can tell you it that I've been playing it non-stop since getting it and can't get enough! Wow...

That's a great story doc! I too wish I would stumble upon a KoAlana while walking around :)
Baan seems like a great place. Enjoy your new KoAlana!

Top Bottom