::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern TV is not one of my strong knowledge points... I've worked nights for the last umpteen years though, so I think I get a pass..
Music, well, I like certain music, I don't have a strong knowledge of popular stuff lately (maybe I'm getting old, but it's all so... similar lately. Very rarely does anything strike my interest.)
and Movies... :) I love me some movies, but I haven't been to see one that's not on a DVD in ages. SciFi and Fantasy are my usual genres.

Huh! This is me almost to the letter. Working nights totally changes things in your life. Then kids, well, not even gonna go there. Most other things recreation wise just cease to exist.

That's the nice quiet sitting by myself with breakfast. Relaxing and quiet.

And... hubbs alarm clock just went off. I have NO idea why he set it to go off on a sunday. Habit maybe?

Because he is insane. No other explanation can be given.

had a quick meeting of the minds with the hubbs.

Turned off the alarm clock, letting him sleep in. He's been running around like a madman all week with my family stuff. I think I can pull the morning rounds for a while.

You are good to him! Don't over-do anything.

Because he is insane. No other explanation can be given.

I think I'm having to agree on that.

I've eaten probably the worlds worst breakfast, but I feel better now. Much more calm, thank goodness. I think I'm gonna watch some netflix, and then maybe put my feets back up. I have one more episode I think to go on the show I was watching (PBS Miniseries called "Circus" about the Big Apple Circus.)

I'm trying to remember the name of another documentary on the cirque du soleil.

I watched a great documentary on Netflix - Pulling John. All about pro armwrestling, probably not your thing but I loved it. I recently watched King of Kong on there too, that is fantastic.

Higher wages would get rid of the lower performing teachers because there would be competition, and people who would turn away from teaching because of the wage would get interested. And yes, the best and the brightest teachers would be hired on because someone who cannot connect with the kids wouldn't be a good teacher and they'd be replaced by someone is bright and can make those connections. It's all about competition. It's all about attracting the better people. Out of desperation our math department hired a bunch of "business world refugees" and we're slowly getting rid of them because they suck. They probably sucked at their "real" jobs too and then headed into teaching.

. . . . How'd I get up here again?!?!?!

But you're right. It's like the old saying: "Those that can't do... teach."

While it is not always true, I am sure that the origin of the saying is from business-world rejects that went into consulting.

Last edited:
The weather guy is talking about rain, rain, rain this week. Mild temps but rain.

April showers bring May flowers I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom