::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
25 things about me:

1) I don't share personal information on public forums
2 - 24) See #1
25) Drat, #1 breaks number #1

Wtf is going on (checks... Nope this is NOT Facebook)!

Ok...
1) my name is Tim and I am an Australian
2-25) DEAL WITH IT.

:)

I have mixed emotions about kid leashes. Annie will hold hands, but there's always the fair chance that she will take off. She is much more active than either of my other two were at that age. As Sheryl says, she is part monkey. So I get the safety thing with the leash - on the other hand, I just HATE the look of them.

How about a shock collar? She starts to run and she gets a low-voltage shock when she gets too far away from you? Imagine a house arrest anklet and an invisible fence collar had a baby, and you attached that baby to your child.

That's perfect actually. The kid runs, gets shocked, hits the floor screaming, and it looks like they tripped and started crying...you can calmly walk over and say see what happens to bad kids?

I'm going to patent that. I should write a parenting book.

Ladies! (And others who might be interested)...
There are three young Aussie men in my back yard laying turf... They are starting to sweat...
MAYBE I can get a picture for you without being beaten to death... Maybe not!

1. I have rappelled Whiteside Mountain in NC, a 1000’ rappel with an 800’ freefall.
2. I have been at my current place of employment for 29 years. I was a Corporate Trainer for 20+ years and currently work in the Quality Department.
3. As a teenager I was in CAP and enjoyed camping, backpacking, caving, and rappelling along with search and rescue.
4. I graduated HS at 16 and moved out on my own.
5. I have held a job since I was 13.
6. I believe in ghosts or spirits if you prefer the term.
7. I have two daughters and have raised five children.
8. I drink cheap wine from Trader Joes.
9. I have always lived in and around Atlanta and currently live less than two miles from where I was raised. (A true peach :))
10. I enjoy quilting and other crafty things.
11. I am almost five feet tall.
12. The beauty and peacefulness of the mountains makes me cry. There is nothing more perfect than tramping in the woods and hearing only your footsteps and the sound of the animals around you or a rushing stream so loud that it produces its own silence. My soul belongs there.
13. I would like to live off the land.
14. I CAN tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue.
15. Birds of prey fascinate me.
16. I trained and showed dogs and gave obedience lessons.
17. I have never smoked a cigarette. (and will never)
18. I was the neglected middle child. I have one older brother and had a younger sister.
19. I love animals. All of them. Except guinea pigs.
20. I was married to a cop and lived with a crack addict. Neither worked out.
21. The best thing I have done for me in the last five years was learning to play the ukulele. I have met some wonderful people both in real life and on the web.
22. I am primarily a vegetarian. I think the new term is “flexitarian”.
23. I am addicted to Word Hero.
24. I love music. Bluegrass is my favorite, but I listen to a little of everything.
25. I am 30 minutes late leaving work. I think I took too long on this.

Susie smokes the mari-juana!

There are three young Aussie men in my back yard laying turf... They are starting to sweat...
I'm waiting.

A lot of these things you can accomplish. Now get to it!

This was entertaining to read. As a nail tech, #25 holds close to my heart. I'm glad you sorted it out. Next time, just try putting vicks vapo rub on it everyday (unless you already did that).
That was nearly 20 years ago - full cure, no recurrence.

Wtf is going on (checks... Nope this is NOT Facebook)!

Ok...
1) my name is Tim and I am an Australian
2-25) DEAL WITH IT.

:)
If you're not going to fill in your 2 - 25 then I will do it.

You have been warned.

Despite the fact that I am a cynical bastard who rolls his eyes at things like this, I will do it anyway. Mostly just to piss off That Guy.

1. I drink but have never ever been drunk.
2. I have never been arrested.
3. When I got my last speeding ticket I thanked the officer when he handed it to me. Please and Thank you was REALLY emphasized in my house when I was little.
4. My first speeding ticket came when I was driving home from counseling at church camp in Northeast Oregon. Despite the arguments of the camp nurse (my passenger), that is not virtuous enough to be excused from a ticket.
5. I have a master's degree that I don't use.
6. I hate my job with a deep, flaming passion, but because I've been with the company for 25 years I have golden handcuffs on.
7. If this damn bank ever gives in and actually lets us close on the deal for our new house I will have a workshop to build ukuleles under the name "Wy'East Ukulele".
8. I was in Boy Scouts for 5 years and hated every stinking minute of it except when I got to be by myself on the rifle range at camp.
9. I am the youngest of five. And yes, mom does love me best.
10. My wife can't quite figure out why I love UWC...but she supports me going anyway.
11. Despite the fact I'm a bleeding heart liberal on almost any social issue you could mention, I am a gun owner and do not support increased gun control.
12. I'm a high-level life member of the NRA - despite the fact that I think the leader of the NRA is a massive idiot who does more harm to his cause than he does good.
13. I own 9 UU t-shirts. And if you add in the other uke-related shirts it's a total of 17 ukulele Ts in all.
14. I'm very active in my church, though I resigned my leadership position last fall for personal reasons.
15. I'm sitting on an intensely boring conference call right now.
16. I have a list of 25 forbidden words or phrases that I compiled at work. If you use them during a meeting I WILL call you on it.
17. My coworkers and I all have Nerf dart guns at our desks. Skirmishes break out almost daily.
18. My first car has been named on multiple lists as one of the worst cars ever made (Austin/Morris Marina).
19. My second car - a '69 VW Beetle - was even more unreliable than the Austin.
20. My wife and I dated for 4.5 years in high school and college, then got back together 11 years later after I answered her personal ad on the internet.
21. I have four monitors running on three computers in front of me at work.
22. King John I of England was my multiple-great grandfather. Many people say he was England's worst king ever.
23. I've been playing the ukulele since December 2008 and I still wish I knew as many chords as Spots.
24. Shane cheats at WWF. Just sayin'.
25. I had nail fungus in my toenails once. I went on an extremely expensive, extremely toxic medication for a year to combat it. Fortunately, I'm alive and my toenails are beautiful. 25 items is really too much to come up with off the top of my head. Nail fungus was the best I could do for this last one. Sorry.

I would like to see this list.

How about a shock collar? She starts to run and she gets a low-voltage shock when she gets too far away from you? Imagine a house arrest anklet and an invisible fence collar had a baby, and you attached that baby to your child.

That's perfect actually. The kid runs, gets shocked, hits the floor screaming, and it looks like they tripped and started crying...you can calmly walk over and say see what happens to bad kids?

I'm going to patent that. I should write a parenting book.

Tammy?

Um...

You should probably keep your kids to the goats.

Is that what they call it in Australia? Sounds like they're already intimately involved...

I would like to see this list.

1) Perspective
2) Reach Out
3) Circle back
4) Pull across the finish/goal line
5) Touching Points
6) Futureproof
7) Stakeholder
8) Give you back some time
9) Circle around (I realize it's similar to #3 - but it started coming up at a separate time)
10) Thought partner
11) Feedback loop
12) Whatnot
13) Call out
14) Synergy
15) Framework
16) Critical mass
17) Deltas
18) Utilizes (when "use" would be appropriate)
19) Processees (pronounced as misspelled)
20) Bandwidth (talking about staffing issues, not data)
21) Paradigm shift
22) Action item
23) Take (anything) offline
24) Deliverables
25) Time splicing

I'm always open to suggestions for new additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom