::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, I thought it was "foe" but it's more like "fuh".

Is that raw meat?

Looks like rice noodles, so it seems all safe.

I am not sure that I've ever had it with raw meat. It is sliced very thin and cooks in the broth and then you dump in all of the garnishes. So good! Are you ok with fish sauce?

It's an interesting country to visit. A lot of very poor people on the scale of India, very beautiful in places.
Great food that is super cheap. I love Banh Xeo (pronounced something like bun-cel).

I think I would have a hard time with the poverty, but I guess it's good to go to places like that and spend money.

Ok, time for me to go back to bed. I'll leave you with this silly video that has been making the rounds.

I was going to add my utterly useless, pointless, and redundant $.02 about fingering chords for beginners when it occurred to me that with my few months of ukulele experience I had nothing to add. Like I said; it was close.

Oh, could I list a few posters who don't use the same discretion you do! But I won't, because I'm discreet.

I have no clue what they are, cheap ones, I think I never paid more then 75 for rod reel combo. The one I caught there I actually got from costco.

Dumb me story: One of my friends owned a bait and tackle shop so when I wanted to start fishing I just went to him and asked him to set me up with some equipment. At the time I was single and had two incomes so I didn't even give the cost a second glance. I went with another friend to a bass demonstration in one of those tanks and I was checking out the guys gear and it was the exact set up I had . . . three rods worth. I went back to bitch out my other friend and he just laughed . . . "you said you wanted the good stuff."

So yeah, I've got some pretty good equipment. Most of my Rods G Loomis or Lamiglass. The last few rods I bought were Shimano, but they used the same blanks as G Loomis. I haven't bought any equipment since James was born . . . but that's a good thing.

Have you ever fly-fished for bass? That's pretty fun too. They explode on the flies!!

I can tell I haven't been playing uke enough lately because the nails on my left hand are getting long.

I haven't been playing enough lately, either. We have all of our personal stuff stashed away in case we get a house showing, so all my music stuff is put away. Every morning, when I do my catch-up, I go get a uke out to try Rob's song of the day. But, my books and stuff are all hidden away, and the uke can't stay out.

This is so stupid. Potential buyers must know that nobody lives their life this way....

Dumb me story: One of my friends owned a bait and tackle shop so when I wanted to start fishing I just went to him and asked him to set me up with some equipment. At the time I was single and had two incomes so I didn't even give the cost a second glance. I went with another friend to a bass demonstration in one of those tanks and I was checking out the guys gear and it was the exact set up I had . . . three rods worth. I went back to bitch out my other friend and he just laughed . . . "you said you wanted the good stuff."

So yeah, I've got some pretty good equipment. Most of my Rods G Loomis or Lamiglass. The last few rods I bought were Shimano, but they used the same blanks as G Loomis. I haven't bought any equipment since James was born . . . but that's a good thing.

Have you ever fly-fished for bass? That's pretty fun too. They explode on the flies!!

My wifes Uncle Edwah, hes an Irish Rastafarian, fly fishes all the time. Never been though.

Yea NJ.....that guy is too over the top for me, kinda like Jersey Shore...

His schtick got him noticed though . . . endorsements.

Too much for me too.

. . . meant to add that you're much smarter having the less expensive equipment. Fish don't know!! And it's just as fun.

If I need to replace any equipment, you can be sure that I'll be looking at Costco too :)

I'm looking around for surf poles right now. I don't have any and Mika and my parents want to go striper fishing from the beach. Maybe I'll give Craigslist a shot?

When I first started working at this place, when I was still in the dishroom, I was the only white person. The rest were all Vietnamese. The ladies would always bring me amazing food. They would save all their money, and go back to Vietnam once or twice a year. They would come back with all kinds of expensive jewelry, which they would then sell out of their cars. Then they would send the money to their family back home, and the whole thing would start over again.

Most of them are gone now. We only have 2 left. The Puerto Rican gangs forced the Vietnamese gangs out of the area. It was a big deal back in the day.

I miss the food.

It's an interesting country to visit. A lot of very poor people on the scale of India, very beautiful in places.
Great food that is super cheap. I love Banh Xeo (pronounced something like bun-cel).

Are those the crepes? I LOVE the crepes!!!!

I am not sure that I've ever had it with raw meat. It is sliced very thin and cooks in the broth and then you dump in all of the garnishes. So good! Are you ok with fish sauce?

I think I would have a hard time with the poverty, but I guess it's good to go to places like that and spend money.

I know how it's made.

Ish!

My fishing pole is from Walmart. It is red and shiny and not fancy at all. I buy worms from a kid that lives by the lake.

The male's pole is fancier, but not a top of the line pole. He has fancy bait and buys fancy stuff to soak his fancy bait in.

Who caught all the fish last year? Hmm? HMM?? :D

Are those the crepes? I LOVE the crepes!!!!

Intro: [G] [B7] [C] [Cm]

When you were here be[G]fore couldn't look you in the [B7] eye
You're just like an [C] angel your skin makes me [Cm] cry
You float like a [G] feather in a beautiful [B7] world
I wish I was [C] special you're so very [Cm] special
But I'm a [G] creep I'm a [B7] weirdo
What the hell am I doin' [C] here I don't be[Cm]long here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom