Shortbass One

Lalz

Reaction score
Hello folks!

Anyone tried the new Shortbass One by Aquila? I've only seen a couple of videos for it on youtube so far and it seems to sound really good. Almost like a double bass, even without amplification!

Any info about electric vs. acoustic, feel of strings, fret vs. fretless etc etc and general experience with it?

Thanks!

(PS: also, how easy is it to play if you have reduced wrist mobility on the left hand?)

I have played it.

I think they are fascinating and will appeal to many.

The scale is a couple of inches longer than the UBass, making it much easier to play.
But, the body is a regular size, so it projects with more acoustic volume.

It has a piezo pickup. I think I heard there may be fretless models in the future, but not now.

It is very easy to play. The strings on it feel and sound great.

Still waiting to see distribution of it open up in the U.S. and some other countries.

Mint, thanks! This sounds very promising!

What do you mean by regular size? Also, is the pick-up passive or active? Are the strings similar in feel to the red series? Is the neck the same width as the Ubass do you reckon?

(Sorry for all the questions :) )

They're available to buy in Italy from the mercatinodellukulele.it website but I haven't seen them anywhere else yet. I really want to try one!! :)

- The body doesn't look like a uke size - like the UBass baritone size. It's more the size you'd see
on an acoustic guitar or acoustic bass.

- Pickup is passive.

- Yes - the strings are Aquila Red series strings for the Shortbass.

- Neck width - I need a ruler. :) But - the neck is Extremely comfortable. Even for a guy like me with small hands.

They're available to buy in Italy from the mercatinodellukulele.it website but I haven't seen them anywhere else yet. I really want to try one!! :)

I was about to purchase a Kala uBass but I'll wait now......:stop:

Please keep me posted when they are available in the UK.....:D

Top Bottom