::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 15!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My record is about 40+ stings in a few hours, the adrenaline comes naturally.

Okay. I wasn't sure if you added more to counter the venom.

40 might kill some people. Do you build up resistance the more you get stung?

The problem with that song isn't the language. It's the rape culture that makes that song realistic that's a problem.

I agree with you about the rape culture, 100%!! But there IS a problem with the language. I draw the line at certain language, like MFer. I won't voluntarily listen to it. That language is not necessary for the song to tell its story. I believe people use it just for its shock value.

But, that's just me, and my value system. Other folks may not care, and may enjoy the song as it is....

In other news, as we were leaving for work a half hour ago, I noticed a huge bee swarm hanging off my pear tree. Caught the swarm, but not without about two dozen stings in the face, head, hands, etc. Swarms are usually pretty docile, but this must have been a dry swarm (cranky and hungry)
Good fun! Now I'm super pumped on adrenaline for the day.

The only thing you'd see out of me is my back as I run away. Been freaked out by bees ever since I got mini swarmed on a golf course about ten years ago. They must have liked something in my hair product or something. They were very persistent and I felt like an idiot running away and trying to find something to protect myself with. A video probably would have netted big money or a viral YouTube these days.

I remain ready to listen to any bacon folklore. Our biggest problem is that we do not get the right cut of bacon for crispy. :(

Can you get uncut slabs of of bacon? That and an electric slicer and you could make your own appropriate cuts for crispy.

After a hiatus due to Breedlove then Shane being here (we lifted, no cardio) and UWC, I went for a 3 mile run around Rock Knob today. My lap pace was 15 minutes. I SUCK!!! Grated a lot of it was because it was uphill and then down the hill it was rocky and washed out so I could not go but so fast... but still.

You are moving. You don't suck. I need to get back to my couch to 5k. I suck.

I don't know why that thumbnail I tried to attach to my previous post decided to attach itself to this one. Fail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thank you for your disclaimer - it confirms you are of good character and have a balanced approach :)

I try. There is so much conflicting information out there. You have to make a decision for yourself, experiment and make sure what you do isn't negatively impact your health by regularly seeing your doctor. :)

In other news, as we were leaving for work a half hour ago, I noticed a huge bee swarm hanging off my pear tree. Caught the swarm, but not without about two dozen stings in the face, head, hands, etc. Swarms are usually pretty docile, but this must have been a dry swarm (cranky and hungry)
Good fun! Now I'm super pumped on adrenaline for the day.
Yikes! I thought it was bad when I was stung by two bees at once.

Ok back to ruining the day of the dev team.

You are moving. You don't suck. I need to get back to my couch to 5k. I suck.

I don't know why that thumbnail I tried to attach to my previous post decided to attach itself to this one. Fail.

Nice photo! I have two ukes with pickups, my K-Wave and my 8 string, and still have no amplifier. I really have no real use for one, but it sure seems like it would be fun to have....

It's something I have... Heh, I can recognize people I've seen from 10+ years ago... People like me are called super recognizers

I haven't been a full time sushi chef in twenty years now, but I still recognize old customers. I can't remember their names but I can still remember their regular orders:)

The problem with that song isn't the language. It's the rape culture that makes that song realistic that's a problem.

GMTA

I was going to catch up and then post something along those lines. We're a stupid society!!

It was looking good, after shaking them into the box off the tree, you wait for a few minutes and watch the other bees. If they start marching into the hive and fanning her scent out near the door, you can be pretty sure you've got her.

Do you stand outside the hive and do a bee dance?

I was walking by a classroom one time and a first year bio teacher was demonstrating the bee dance to his class. So naturally I pulled out my phone and video taped the whole thing. It comes out everytime there's a drunken teacher gathering:)

I love road trips. I take my time. 300 miles a day is about as far as I like to travel. I like to stop and look at things. My kids and I did a 7 week tour of the west coast years ago. It was great.

James and I might do a father/son trip in a couple weeks to go pan for gold and maybe try fishing again. Mika says we can't try camping without her so we'll find a little hotel with a pool for James. Thinking about a day into Yosemite too but I can't tell Mika about that. She's never been there. We'll take her later. :)

Entertaining and educational vid, Mike. Just wondering, how do they "make" a new queen? Is it a baby of the original queen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom