NUD "Boat Paddle Kayak Tenor"

dtikim1

Reaction score
Well after a few weeks of waiting and anticipation my custom BP Tenor Kayak arrived yesterday. As UPS would have it, they made me wait till early evening before dropping it off at my doorstep. With nervous anticipation I opened the box and beheld a beautifully made instrument!!! Everything I expected and more. Superb workmanship, as good if not better than my other "babies": Pepe Romero all Koa 12 fret Tenor, Compass Rose Jumbo 14 fret Tenor Sycamore, Koolau Koa T100 tenor, and all of my other Kamakas. I was even more surprised when I did my first strum on a C chord. It sings ohhhhh so sweetly, with ample volume and sustain. Jerry Hoffman sent it strung in high C, so I immediately played it next to my pre-1940 12 fret Martin Tenor. Jerry warned me that it would take at least a month before the ukulele would open. To my surprise and to my ear, it sounds every bit as good and as mature in sound as my treasured Martin. The "quilted Mahogany" is absolutely beautiful. Thanks Jerry!!!

I was sorely tempted to take this baby to bed withy me last night:shaka: LOL my wife would have kicked me out of the bed had I done that. I am not posting any pictures today, because I did not have enough time today to snap any. I will post pics along with the specs sometime tomorrow. Until then....:music:

Well after a few weeks of waiting and anticipation my custom BP Tenor Kayak arrived yesterday. As UPS would have it, they made me wait till early evening before dropping it off at my doorstep. With nervous anticipation I opened the box and beheld a beautifully made instrument!!! Everything I expected and more. Superb workmanship, as good if not better than my other "babies": Pepe Romero all Koa 12 fret Tenor, Compass Rose Jumbo 14 fret Tenor Sycamore, Koolau Koa T100 tenor, and all of my other Kamakas. I was even more surprised when I did my first strum on a C chord. It sings ohhhhh so sweetly, with ample volume and sustain. Jerry Hoffman sent it strung in high C, so I immediately played it next to my pre-1940 12 fret Martin Tenor. Jerry warned me that it would take at least a month before the ukulele would open. To my surprise and to my ear, it sounds every bit as good and as mature in sound as my treasured Martin. The "quilted Mahogany" is absolutely beautiful. Thanks Jerry!!!

I was sorely tempted to take this baby to bed withy me last night:shaka: LOL my wife would have kicked me out of the bed had I done that. I am not posting any pictures today, because I did not have enough time today to snap any. I will post pics along with the specs sometime tomorrow. Until then....:music:

He meant high G not high C.

Stop bragging about your babies.

For the record he brags more about his "babies" than he does about his own children. What's up with that? :p

Ooooooooops....typo

Ah, but these babies wii end up in your hands at some time in the .....future.....lol

Your
Dad:shaka:

Sleep on the couch!

He meant high G not high C.

Stop bragging about your babies.

For the record he brags more about his "babies" than he does about his own children. What's up with that? :p

Perhaps you need to get your rear end in gear and give him something to brag about? :biglaugh:

Perhaps you need to get your rear end in gear and give him something to brag about? :biglaugh:

LOL...such a talented son...teaches me something new every time he comes home for a visit. which is not often enough. As proud as I am of my kids I belive that bragging about them is not a sign of humbleness......But let me say how proud I am of my KIDS both of them.......

LOL...such a talented son...teaches me something new every time he comes home for a visit. which is not often enough. As proud as I am of my kids I belive that bragging about them is not a sign of humbleness......But let me say how proud I am of my KIDS both of them.......

Kids need to hear it.

It seems like Asian kids especially never hear it, but that's probably a separate thread . . . Which would surely get locked down quickly :)

Kids need to hear it.

It seems like Asian kids especially never hear it, but that's probably a separate thread . . . Which would surely get locked down quickly :)

I was kidding! I do not have some desperate need for affirmation about how cool I am. :p

I was kidding! I do not have some desperate need for affirmation about how cool I am. :p

I don't recall anything said about you being cool. :)

Can't wait to see the pics and hear a sound sample. I remember the quilted mahogany looked beautiful.

You are really cool, Nick.

1-1266409857RRS3.jpg

CG079%20SpecialAward.jpg

Congratulations on your new uke! I saw some of the photos before it was finished and they were gorgeous! Hope you post some new photos and a video soon. :)

Dad, since you were too lame to Facetime with me the other night I still have not seen this thing.

You must post photos. :)

Dad, since you were too lame to Facetime with me the other night I still have not seen this thing.

You must post photos. :)

LOL.

We bought my dad an iPhone the other day and he freaked out when I called him using facetime. He ran around his house showing me stuff over the phone. It was hilarious.

And pops Kim. We're waiting.

::stare:: :)

Top Bottom