Anyone in Georgia, USA?

laurenschex

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if by any chance there was a group I was missing out on, I'm a bit isolated as the only uke player I know in my smallish town...I live between LaGrange and Atlanta, so if anyone knows of groups there it would be great, but I really don't mind driving anywhere in the state...I just wanna meet some people. :music:

Hello, I'm in Augusta, GA (not much uke stuff going on here), but around Atl the SEukers are the best people you could ever jam with. Check out UkeRepublic's store too. They post upcoming concerts, jams, group lessons, etc.

Just wanted to see if by any chance there was a group I was missing out on, I'm a bit isolated as the only uke player I know in my smallish town...I live between LaGrange and Atlanta, so if anyone knows of groups there it would be great, but I really don't mind driving anywhere in the state...I just wanna meet some people. :music:

You need to check out the south east ukers. We are in FB as well as here. Ukerepublic is the best uke store in the conus. There are weekly jams in Marietta but that would be a haul for you.

I am a ukulele addict located in North Augusta, SC (right across the river from Augusta, GA) and try to make it over to the Southeast Ukers play along (1st Sunday afternoon each month). I am not aware of any ukulele jam group anywhere near us. So for now it's the long trek to Atlanta, but that group is great and full of very nice people. I've got the ukulele bug in a bad way. I just got back from my first UWC event in Indiana and it was total ukulele immersion. I daresay it only intensified my UAS. Let me know if you would like to hitch a ride over to the Southeast Ukers meetings sometime. Although due to weekend plans this month and a July 4th vacation it looks like the next meeting I might make in Atlanta would be the 3rd Sunday meeting in July.

U can try starting your own uke group. I know it's not always easy ( I did it). Sometimes the nearest group is just so far away, that it's just not feasible. I used meetup.com to start mine and we have over 50 members now. The thing is though that here in fl. We have lots of snowbirds so 1/2 the year it's kinda dead and difficult to find folks to play with. So, maybe you have to look beyond just ukers and get together with other musicians who play a variety of instruments to jam. I play once a week with guitarists, occasional violinist, and djembe players to jam.

Go to SEUkers! I have met a lot of them....some of them are really good friends......they are all FANTASTIC! They have all types of players. I think you'll have a wonderful time.

Hey Lauren,

SEUKERS are playing from the 356 and 356 ukulele songs AND having an open mic tomorrow (Jun 15) starting at around 2 PM. Same time each 1st and 3rd Sunday. First Thursday of each month we have an open mic at the Greater Good BBQ in Tucker, GA. That starts at 6:30 PM. I'm the MC normally and we usually have a good bit of fun.

Also, please follow Uke Republic on their website or better yet on Facebook (See also Southeast Ukers there). There's a fun time coming up this Monday evening when Big Jim Allen will be coming in from FLA to play for us. He always puts on a great show. There's also a great event at Uke Republic next Saturday starting at Noon with open mics, bands, Including half of our band Woven Pines, and even an Hawaiian Shave Ice food truck.

Feel free to message me here with any questions or email alan@thornton.net.

It'll be great to meet you. Please come say hello to the ugliest graybearded man you see when you arrive so I can shake your hand and welcome you officially.

Oh there's also a Souteast Ukers Meetup page if you use that.

See you soon, I hope!

Hi drmosser!

I am Angel Cruz (acruzn@yahoo.com) in Saluda, SC.(up the road on 121) I would be interested in hitching a ride to one of SE Ukers meetings, though not this Sunday.

Last edited:
What lovely responses from the ukulele players in and around Georgia, USA. Heartwarming. Sounds like Lauren will meet those that she seeks.

SEUkers meetings

Hi drmosser!

I am Angel Cruz (acruzn@yahoo.com) in Saluda, SC.(up the road on 121) I would be interested in hitching a ride to one of SE Ukers meetings, though not this Sunday.

I'm not sure if I will make this Sunday's meeting (8/3/14) either. The next SeUkers meeting I would try to make is Sunday, 8/17/2014. I live about 5 minutes from the I-20 Exit 5 (SC-HWY 121 and 25). I would be glad to have company on the 2.5-3 hour drive over to Atlanta. I usually leave around 10am. to arrive by 12:30-1:00pm and enjoy Hawaiin BBQ lunch before the meetings start at 2p.m. Meetings last to 5 p.m. and then I'm back on the road arriving home around 8:00 p.m.

-Donald

A little responding but The SE ukers are a fantastic group. I've been able to make one meetup. I'm down in Columbus. We meet at a local coffee shop the first Monday of each month. It's called the Columbus Little Ukulele Bunch. Check out our Facebook group.

I live in Eufaula, al about 45 mins south of Columbus. I'm a very very beginner player.

If you're in the area Lauren, I am in Peachtree City if that's anywhere close to you. I'd love to meet others south of Atlanta as well!

Top Bottom