cool tattoo got me wondering if any of you have a ukulele for your tattoos

A uke tat is a great idea! Im suprised there arent more pics posted here. I always like it when people say you are going to regret that when your older, maybe I will but I doubt it. I think that when Im older, 43 now, it really wont matter how it looks I will be more concerned with how my insides are running than how my outsides are looking. The regret should come from not doing research and getting a good artist. But hey crap tats are a good reason to save up and get a great coverup. In the end just do what makes us happy and content and does'nt effect others in a negative way.

Lol well I'm over the hill now at 45, I've got a few rubbish tattoos from years ago but this is my first realistic type one. Tattoos are not for everyone it's a personal thing but I like it 😁

Boy, seeing this thread brings back memories of MGM. What a void.

yes I miss Mike too...

70% of the UU have no idea who MGM was.....
Rip Mike....:)

70% of the UU have no idea who MGM was.....
Rip Mike....:)

Isn't it weird how time marches on, Len. Even a place as UU...full of new faces...plenty of old faces that no longer post. I'm reminded of this fact whenever is see resurrected threads, like this one. Most of the frequent posters in the past, no longer here.

It's the natural order of things, I suppose. All things shall pass.

Miss Mike.

Last edited:
Been wanting a "realistic" tattoo for a while so I've combined it with my love of ukes, here is my new tattoo. Not quite finished yet but this is after 2 1/2 hours work. Got an appointment in a couple of days to be completed �� View attachment 69782

hope we get to see this when its finnished....I have Tattoo of a Banjo and Tattoo gun entwined....i'll have to get a pic done.

Last edited:
I'm a newish uker at 48 years old. I may not have met or talked to Mike but he is all over youtube. I have met Mike posthumous and learned a few things from him. I have to look but I think the kala concert I bought used here in the marketplace was even set up by him. What more can we ask for on this tiny rock flying through space than to be remembered even for a small time after we are gone?

Hmmm maybe a ukulele or even a music based "sale" is in order.

~Peace~

As promised here is my finished tattoo ��IMG_20140811_230321.jpg
Can anyone identify what ukeulele it's based on? :)

Here's mine healed! :). Ukulele tattoos are the best!

image.jpg

Well, I don't have a uke tattoo...However, I have the tattooed the chord changes to GOODBYE PORK PIE HAT by Charles Mingus on my left arm, so I can pull up my sleeve and have a glance when I play it on piano. The tattoo artist told me I was probably the only person in the world with such a tattoo...but I bet they say that to all the boys.

Of course we want pics brother...

+1 no pics means no tattoo!
I was contemplating putting a few chord charts on my arm, especially the more complex ones but then seeing them 24/7 probably would make them less complex to remember.😀

I got this one last week. A lot of things I love in one image: ukulele, Venice (we visit at least once every two years for the Biennale), and three stars for my little family. It was done by Susanne König, an amazing artist from Germany, currently in Amsterdam.

I got this one last week. A lot of things I love in one image: ukulele, Venice (we visit at least once every two years for the Biennale), and three stars for my little family. It was done by Susanne König, an amazing artist from Germany, currently in Amsterdam.

That is beautiful and I love the concept and that there are so many special things in one tattoo!

And I love that this post gets bumped back up from time to time! It feels like MGM is still with us!

Do we need a "color" pic here, we??

Top Bottom